• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need some info on Luminaire materials

GreenNeedle

Hello.

I was just wondering. Those of you with quality luminaires like Arcadia etc. What is the bottom surface made from?

Is it glass or is it acrylic or something else?

If it is acrylic do you find it hard to clean from any 'calcium deposits' that splashes leave behind?

Thanks in advance

AC

Mines acrylic, I find any deposits come of easily with vinegar.

Garuf said:
Same, my arcadia ones are about 2mm clear acrylic, same for the Boyu ones.

Dan Crawford said:
Garuf said:
Same, my arcadia ones are about 2mm clear acrylic, same for the Boyu ones.
Mine is acrylic too, vinegar all the way ;)

SuperColey1 said:
Do you clean it weekly? with a soft cloth I assume ;)

AC

I only clean mine every few months - but I don't have any splashing at from my filter return - the only drips it gets on it are when the water levels lower for a water change, exposing the spraybar, but I turn the filter right down then, so it's minimal.

I use vinegar and a kitchen towel.

Mark

Bog roll and vinegar once every 2 weeks or so. I tend to get really bad splashing when I do a W/C.

Mine uses acrylic, although it's now got burn marks on it so i've had to replace it.

where can I get acrylic cheaply?

Last time I got some (only last November) it was £15 for a sheet of 1200mm x 540mm or something like that which I used for a shed window. This was from Wickes

That seemed a little expensive to me and I am only after 800mm x 350mm

AC

Model shops, or plastics people. Schools get that kind of thing really cheap too.

Back