• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Needle valve Ideal 52-1: Experiences wanted!

M

Marcel G

Does anyone here own the Ideal 52-1 (or 54-1) needle valve (preferably with Vernier handle)?
I would like to know how precise the adjusting can be, and if it's possible to easily adjust the CO2 flow from, for example, 10 bubbles per minute to 11 bubbles per minute (i.e. if it is easy to increase or decrease the bubble rate by just 1 bubble per minute)?

Thank you beforehand for your reply!
Marcel

I do not have that particular valve, but i kinda know that in regulating gasses in such tiny ammounts the temperatuur will always be an isue for it to be as constant as as you wish with only 1 bubble extra a minute. Im curious as well if someone was able to achief that in a constant.

Ideal valve has a nice calculation sheet for that, maybe that can clear things up for you.
http://www.idealvalve.com/pdf/Flow-Calculation-for-Gases.pdf

1 bubble a minute extra is such a tiny amount that i guess its nearly impossible to create such a small thread pitch in a needle valve to make it possible. My first guess from only a theoretical and technical view would be try to work it in stages with more then one needle valve,f.e. 2. This will give you 3 stages to work with, work presure and 2 needle valves. The more stages the more acurate the settings can be made.. But still there is an inconstant temperatur problem..

Cheers Marcel. (as well):)

Last edited:
Back