• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neil's 60cm ADA inspired Nature Aquarium

Congratulations on a fantastic looking tank!

Im thinking of doing an ADA style set up for my next tank
can you offer any tips on building/painting the cabinet?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

Thanks for the query! I really appreciate it. I've basically for the last 6 months or so been going through a particularly difficult move (solicitors, nuff said), selling my house, moving in with my parents for a bit while my purchase went through then moving into an apartment, so my tank has been on the backburner for a while. I had to move it to my folks and re-assemble it, then move it to my flat and re-assmble it again. This didn't involve taking the layout down or anything just really moving the tank and glassware safely, which I somehow miraculously managed to do without breaking anything. It did i feel though have a detrimental effect on the livestock.

My rummy nose tetras didn't take to being moved about so much and died, so I replaced them with some blue neons. Shrimp population is not as big as it has been either they're hiding or have died off / jumped out??!? The plant growth itself has been very voracious and the tank is really overgrown now and dense, like a very unkept garden! It's been interesting to see the crypts how they have taken hold and flourished. I should take some pictures of it now so you guys can see it you'd laugh. But again I haven't really been focusing on maintaining the tank recently I've been too busy with the flat and also with work. I have however been keeping up with the aquajournals and have a subscription going now which is really cool.

So I plan to basically revamp the layout, try something different. The main idea being to try a planted foreground and leave the safety of a sandy open foreground, I will probably reduce the wood in there too and change the layout a bit. That's where I am at the moment, so the first thing is going to be deciding on a layout and then planning around that.

One thing I also need to get is some more equipment for my SLR, the thing I am passionate about is great photographs, I think that's really important to what we do and how we show our tanks. It's something I'm trying to get to grips with but unfortunately it's rather expensive! I've got a few things to buy, tripod and flash gun being the most obvious examples.

Anyway I shall start getting my act together. I can't believe how this forum is taking off, after a chat with George last night I'm fired up again, especially with this new greenmachine shop, that looks really interesting.

For the time being here are my most recent photos

2551513203_4d1ba3236c.jpg

2574275008_22094f7223.jpg

2576888167_8731c18c68.jpg

2573481605_1b99be040b.jpg

Hi Neil,one of the nicest setups on here ABSOLUTLEY WONDERFULL QUALITY, regards john

Nice to see you back too :) sorry to hear about all the troubles, had a lot of problems 18 months ago also trying to buy my place, looking forward for the new updates or new scape :)

PM said:
fantastic colour rendition from those compact T5s. Much nicer than the horrid Arcadia T5s that I have.

have to agree. :? i dont like what im getting from my tubes neither.

great phtography mate.

mark

Back