• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's 35litre play tank

Nelson

just rescaped my play tank today.probably short term,will see how it goes.

tank-50x30x25cm
arcadia 2x15w t8
eheim 2224
jbl reg and fe
jbl aquabasis plus and tesco cat litter
unipac zambezi sand
graded gravel and pebbles
TGM blue stone

plants-HC and Micranthemum umbrosum.

thats 4 pots of HC.very small.under estimated that :crazy: .have put 1 pot of Micranthemum umbrosum in.not sure if i should put another in or some Hemianthus micranthemoides.may also add some moss.

all comments welcome,good or bad :lol: .

Nice mate. when the plants kick in, you should be fine with the current amounts.

HM could be an option and 'bushes' real easy :thumbup:

thanks guys.
samc said:
this should be ace when filled in. i will have some HM out of mine this weekend. pm me if you want it :thumbup:
cheers for the offer sam.i've got some in my other tank i can trim if i decide to go with it.
want to see how the Micranthemum umbrosum grows first,i think :? :lol: .

great start. love these giant rocks in your tank. however the top left, left to the canyon looks a bit unnatural the way you have it. if you could ajust it a but would be perfect. rest looks great on the rocks.

also the small rocks on the front - side of the path - not works with the big stones. maybe this will fade when your carpet will grow in or if you would grow something on it, but would think about it. the layout has a lot of potential with small adjustment this could be great.

nice work :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
great start. love these giant rocks in your tank. however the top left, left to the canyon looks a bit unnatural the way you have it. if you could ajust it a but would be perfect. rest looks great on the rocks.

also the small rocks on the front - side of the path - not works with the big stones. maybe this will fade when your carpet will grow in or if you would grow something on it, but would think about it. the layout has a lot of potential with small adjustment this could be great.

nice work :thumbup:
hi viktor,
yeah,you're right about the left.hoping to maybe put some moss or Riccardia chamedryfolia in some of the cracks to "break it up a bit".
the stones/pebbles either side of the path/river are supposed to look like boulders washed out of the gorge.couldn't find ones to match the rocks :( .left them high on the plant sides as the HC should cover them a bit.
will see how it grows in.can always change it ;)
thanks for your advice.
Gill wrote:

Wow this looks Amazing, love the use of the larger rocks
cheers Gill.

after breaking my filter case yesterday this tank is now stripped down.spent too much money recently(for me :lol: )on getting bits for my two nano's.
would've like to see this grown in but oh well :p .

Back