• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's 75x45x45cm optiwhite

Nelson

Tank: 75x45x45cm optiwhite,DIY cabinet
Filter: JBL E1500
Lights: 2x39w
Co2: JBL reg and FE,Up aqua inline diffuser
Substrate: colombo florabase(thanks Plantedbox)
Hardscape: pebbles and graded gravel

going to do a bigger version of my nano 2.

plants will probably be,
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Micranthemum micranthemoides
Micranthemum umbrosum
Rotala rotundifolia ‘Green’
Rotala najeanshan
and various moss

Its going to be an interesting scape this. Look forward to it.

cheeres guys.

ok,heres the start of my first attempt.a long way to go yet :bored: .

picture005oo.jpg

picture006qj.jpg

critique always welcome ;) .

The layout looks great IMO. It looks pretty mush the same as your nano (which looked awsome :D ) Are you gonning to add the graded gravel around the pebbles?

Obvious problems are that the path is the wrong way round :p .

Other than that I was also wondering if you were going to use graded gravel or something to ease the transition.

Some great perception of depth to that path. Is a little artificial for my taste, like a garden path made on Ground Force. But if that's the look youre going for with planting also, then it's fine!
Just wondering how great it could be with your layout ability and some more natural stone work, rather than the polished pebbles. Reckon this is going to be a very clean tank no matter how you go. Good luck!!

Flyfisherman said:
nelson said:
critique always welcome ;) .

Are you trying to lead us up the garden path or going up the creek without a paddle.

Regards
Paul
you know me Paul :lol: .
Arana said:
Nice start, haveing the path wander left looks cool :thumbup:

cheers Mark.
Krish's Bettas said:
The layout looks great IMO. It looks pretty mush the same as your nano (which looked awsome :D ) Are you gonning to add the graded gravel around the pebbles?
cheers Krish.
that was the plan.still got to add smaller pebbles and gravel.
Luketendo said:
Obvious problems are that the path is the wrong way round :p .

Other than that I was also wondering if you were going to use graded gravel or something to ease the transition.
lol :lol: .yeah,gravel to come.
jay said:
Some great perception of depth to that path. Is a little artificial for my taste, like a garden path made on Ground Force. But if that's the look youre going for with planting also, then it's fine!
Just wondering how great it could be with your layout ability and some more natural stone work, rather than the polished pebbles. Reckon this is going to be a very clean tank no matter how you go. Good luck!!
cheers Jay.
i don't think it will be to everyones taste.thanks for being honest ;) .
polished pebbles were all i could find of the right shape,size and colour.i really wanted grey pebbles.
i'm hoping they'll get some algae on them to hide the shine.
not sure what natural stone i could use that would break easily enough and have rounded edges.

sorry about the bad pic.

Picture008-1.jpg

need to "rough" it up a bit.looks too manicured.

Might I suggest increasing the height of the soil all around? The reason for this is that riverbanks are supposed to be banks, i.e. the land level is above the river. Right now it looks too much like a garden path to be a riverbank. Be careful of soil crumbling down into the river though.

What are you planning to do with the rest of the scape? The area on the right is gonna be a challenge I think due to its size in relation to the other parts of the tank.

thanks David.
once i'm happy with the pebbles i'll put more substrate in ;) .
on the right i'm going to have stem plants sort of curving round to the front right corner.then HC for the rest.

Looking good, Are you going to be using any larger rocks to create the Banks. Also any thought to twigs protruding from the banks to simulate roots hanging down from trees near the riverbank.

Back