• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nelson's nano 1

Flyfisherman said:
Neil

Repositioning + extra tree root has done the trick - spot on now.

Regards
Paul.
cheers Paul.
just one root on the left "tree" i'm not happy with.will have to move it :lol: .

I've been having algae problems and did have to temporarily keep some amano shrimp and apple snails in here.
so they have helped a bit :D .

have also added more mesh with anchor moss.i'm loving this moss.

love the way the vallis is curved over the top of the aquarium :). can I ask were you got the wood as its really unique. good luck with the scape :D

Neil mate.....this is starting to look great! Loving the overal idea. The Hair grass is excellent sweeping over the tank surface, I'm trying to achieve this in my "Sticks n Stones" setup, but using Juncus Repens and Cyperus Helferi. That moss is looking sweet too! Anchor moss hey....ummm....will have to look into that. Keep up the good work buddy!

Cheers Ben

lil-lynx said:
can I ask were you got the wood as its really unique. good luck with the scape :D
its manzanita i got from the USA.plantedbox stock it and soon planted tanks will have some.
http://www.plantedbox.com/shop/index.ph ... ce94be9412

http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/index.asp
B7fec said:
Neil mate.....this is starting to look great! Loving the overal idea. The Hair grass is excellent sweeping over the tank surface, I'm trying to achieve this in my "Sticks n Stones" setup, but using Juncus Repens and Cyperus Helferi. That moss is looking sweet too! Anchor moss hey....ummm....will have to look into that. Keep up the good work buddy!

Cheers Ben
cheers Ben :D .i'm keeping an eye on your journal ;) .

just a little update.
i've really neglected my tanks lately,so a bit untidy :oops: .

LondonDragon said:
Looks great Neil, a little trim of the glosso and it will look even better, I did like the path, but the carpet of moss is looking awesome :)
cheers Paulo.
yeah,the glosso will get a trim very soon ;) .
JamesM said:
That's looking ace Neil, loving the grass and moss mate :D
cheers James :D .
chilled84 said:
wow nelson buddy, Thats smart and smart! Like the rainbow effect your pulling off there, and the wood reminds me of that scape Desire?? Is that right. Very Very nice! :thumbup:
cheers Chilli.
my inspiration for this came from Destiny ;) .
George Farmer said:
Brilliant, Neil!

Which species of hairgrass is that?
cheers George :D .
the hairghrass is a bit of a mish mash.Eleocharis Acicularis from a garden centre and Planted Tanks,and some Eleocharis parvula from Tropica.
Vito said:
really cool little scape neil i love the tree trunk/Root's look, really natural.
cheers Vito :D .

Neil mate........I love it! TBH I'm liking the over grown look of the tank, as LD says a quick trim of the Glosso and you've got yourself a winner!! Keep up the good work.....or is that the good neglect!!!! :D

Back