• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neocaradinia die off

john arnold

Hi

I usually have no problem with then breeding in my other tanks bit my kitchen tank that is plantwd tank just a simple little sponge filter on, 30*30*30 no fish just shrink
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Only tank i ahve with so little nitrate in
Anyway there are quite a few in there around 30 pr more but dont seem to get amy adults in there and just noticed a few on their backs, no idea whats wrong, anu shrimp experts thwre
Oh i noticed a lot of copeopods in there too?
Thanks

Last edited:
@john arnold I am also not a shrimp expert, but did you drip acclimate the shrimps to the new tank (assuming it was "cycled") ? If you moved them from the other tank to the new tank they may have suffered a shock if the water parameters are wildly different. Also, you need to dose fertilizer (NPK) to get the Nitrate level up... your plants must be starving :)

Cheers,
Michael

@john arnold I am also not a shrimp expert, but did you drip acclimate the shrimps to the new tank (assuming it was "cycled") ? If you moved them from the other tank to the new tank they may have suffered a shock if the water parameters are wildly different. Also, you need to dose fertilizer (NPK) to get the Nitrate level up... your plants must be starving :)

Cheers,
Michael
hi

no its not a new tank and i do dose that 24hr aquarist fertiliser daily, my other tanks are EI dosed, the plants and moss are doing great, i remembered I chucked an Air plant in there to water it that night, it must be that that killed a few off

I'm no expert but I'll have a go, what's your PH, KH and GH like? are you using tap, RO or a mixture, and what are you feeding them?
Hi

ph 6.8 not measeured gh/kh but normal for my house is around 12 gh and 6 kh just use tap water

So that should be fine, I have to cut my tapwater with RO to get to those levels. So, what are you feeding them?

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk
shrimp king and just started shrimp king mineral last week in case of molting troubles

Back