• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nerite Snail & Neon Tetras PH

JPT81

Hi all,

So I’ve not done much with my tank for a few months and I’ve cleared it completely of all my plants etc.
I only have 1 Nerite snail left in there at the moment but my PH level is around 6.4, a bit too low for my Nerite snail.
My question is, I’m hoping to get some Neon Tetras in the next couple of weeks, but I know they prefer PH levels from 6-7 (or lower). If I raise it to accommodate my snail, would the Neon Terras struggle to survive in a higher PH level? I was thinking of going to around a PH level of 7.

I’d be really interested to hear from anyone who has Neon Tetras with Nerite Snails to find out what they do to get a good PH level.

Thanks all - J :)

Commercially bred Neons are quite adaptable, pH7 or 7.5 would be OK. They are also very often weak and in poor condition/health. You might have to shop around a bit to find some good ones. Green Neons usually seem to be in better condition so you might consider those as an alternative.

Commercially bred Neons are quite adaptable, pH7 or 7.5 would be OK. They are also very often weak and in poor condition/health. You might have to shop around a bit to find some good ones. Green Neons usually seem to be in better condition so you might consider those as an alternative.
Thanks very much for the reply!
I hadn’t even considered green neons, I’ll check those out.

Back