• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nerite snails work well

Ok, thx

I've been told in my local shop that over 25C is to hot for schrimps, or that it will be very difficult to keep them.
Is this correct?

grtz

Mr Louii said:
Ok, thx

I've been told in my local shop that over 25C is to hot for schrimps, or that it will be very difficult to keep them.
Is this correct?

grtz

not really, shrimps can tolerate a wide range of temps from 18c up.

I keep all of my different shrimps tanks at around 25-26. They breed happily, in the summer the temps got to 28c with no problems

However i had a recent mishap with a heater that stuck on in my shrimp breeding tank. Where the temp was circa 45degrees for at least a two days proved that they can withstand high temps too. I only found one body after that . Interetsingly they all grouped togther in the front corner of the tank the furthest point from the heater, and remained very still.
It was a scary moment but i gently brought the temps back down and they were all fine! :crazy:

Nice to know!

One last question about the Nerite snails: do they also clean backgrounds and pieces of wood that are placed very vertically or do they stay on to the bottom?

grtz

Mr Louii said:
Nice to know!

One last question about the Nerite snails: do they also clean backgrounds and pieces of wood that are placed very vertically or do they stay on to the bottom?

grtz

Mine cleans everything and anything :thumbup: Travels all over the tank.

Ok, that's what i wanted to read :D

I'll try to pick up some this weekend.

Grtz and thx 4 the advice

I must have a lazy Nerite then. It does move all around the tank, even climbing above the waterline for a bit of "sunbathing" then dropping into the tank for a bit of "powerballing" :D But it don't seem to eat much green spot algae. It leaves a trail when passing through GSA'd glass, but the trail isn't spotless either. I used to have a pair of them, a zebra and a strawberry, but they kept laying eggs everywhere which are quite difficult to remove. The zebra died though.

Ive just woken up this morning to find my nerite on the OUTSIDE of the tank glass o_O ive popped him back in, but why would he do that to me, i thought we were friends :woot:

AdAndrews said:
Ive just woken up this morning to find my nerite on the OUTSIDE of the tank glass o_O ive popped him back in, but why would he do that to me, i thought we were friends :woot:

Yes they can roam! :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back