• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nesaea pedicellata

sari

Anyone have experience of this plant? My friend gave me a pot of this and it is now floating in the tank. Info is very confusing, some sources say it is difficult plant, some say it is easy, some say it needs loads of light and some say it will be ok in lower lighting levels too. It's going in my newly set up Juwel rio 125 directly under light and the tank is dosed with liquid fert, easy carbo and has tetra complete substrate in.

Any info is much appreciated! :?:

I found it very easy to grow, but that is using EI alongside ADA Amazonia. I can`t see it being too difficult as most stems are essentially weeds, and grow like them.

Personally, I won`t be using it again, as it lacks the finesse of other stems such as HM, MU or the Rotalas. The stem is too thick and the leaves too big, although the plant could work well in a large tank. Secondly, the stem can also add a nice splash of red in amongst the green.

It is quite a sturdy plant for stems, so it may stand up well in areas of high flow.

These are, of course, my opinions. You may find that you love the plant.

Dave.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see! My tank is so new that weeds are serving a very good purpose at the moment anyway! I like the pinky stems but otherwise it is difficult to say anymore at the moment. The stems are kind of twisted from transport and the leaves seem a bit delicate, it's a waiting game now. ;)

This plant is settling quite nicely into my tank but has lost a few of its delicate leaves due to transportation. It has visible growth already and reminds me of hygrophila polysperma. It is looking like an ideal plant for a new set up!

Back