• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 4ft journal The Island 2 updated 11/09/2011 HELP

Re: New 4ft journal The Island 2

chilled84 said:
Be meaning to get some pics up of the changes and of the 150 cardinals in the tank. Been so busy. But here they are and enjoy.

dscf5827f.jpg

no one wants to comment :(

Re: New 4ft journal The Island 2

chilled84 said:
chilled84 said:
Be meaning to get some pics up of the changes and of the 150 cardinals in the tank. Been so busy. But here they are and enjoy.

dscf5827f.jpg

Woah! That looks so cool, I want a video :lol: :D

Re: New 4ft journal The Island 2 New Pics 15/07/2011

Chilled! That foreground is looking really, really nice mate.

Some more denser planting at the back, and your on to a winner

Mark Evans said:
Chilled! That foreground is looking really, really nice mate.

Some more denser planting at the back, and your on to a winner

tell me about it! The back i mean. I realy am struggling with the rotala AGAIN! lol. I can never grow it lol. :(

150!? Wow. Bet they shoal amazing if startled. That foreground is so nice. What moss is it? Shame about te Rotala. I always have trouble growing it too. :oops: you consider maybe a couple of different stems?

Hi chilled really great scape!

Can you give us some details on ferts used, fert regime, lighting and light periods?

Keep up the great work!

jay said:
150!? Wow. Bet they shoal amazing if startled. That foreground is so nice. What moss is it? Shame about te Rotala. I always have trouble growing it too. :oops: you consider maybe a couple of different stems?

What stems would you suggest? :D

mzm said:
Hi chilled really great scape!

Can you give us some details on ferts used, fert regime, lighting and light periods?

Keep up the great work!

I use the EI regime. Been doseing that since day one. My lights are 2x52w T5 Arcadia Plant Gro Bulbs. I start c02 at 1pm to 8.00 and lights at 2.30pm untill 10pm. :)

Water change 50% On Sunday night after Co2.

jay said:

And the moss is Christmas moss! My Favourite :D

Hi Chilli
Nice set-up love the cardinals.I think Vallis would be good for the background and compliment the scape.
hoggie

Nothing to do with me mate. But with your set up you could grow anything you like I reckon. Something With fine small leaves?

I'm a bit unsure why you think you cant grow rotala? It looks fine to me, coloured even.

It's just the density your lacking. Buy just 2 pots, split and plant, let them grow, and trim. Job done 8)

Mark Evans said:
I'm a bit unsure why you think you cant grow rotala? It looks fine to me, coloured even.

It's just the density your lacking. Buy just 2 pots, split and plant, let them grow, and trim. Job done 8)

I may take a top photo sometime and show you just how much rotala there is in there. It just dosnt go bushy like you mentioned. :(

hogan53 said:
Hi Chilli
Nice set-up love the cardinals.I think Vallis would be good for the background and compliment the scape.
hoggie

Thanks Hogan, Yours is looking awsom too mate. I done vallis before and hated its un tameable shoots lol.

hogan53 said:
Very possible. Options?
Limnophilia Sessilliflora
hoggie

Hoggie, I was thinking about that plant. I had that plant when i first started and it was lovely, Its fast growth was awsom and its so easy to keep.

Back