• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 500l tank project plans

Arana said:
Cool :D will look forward to seeing this one go ahead
If this actually goes ahead then I will create a full journal of the process with plenty of photos, I have a couple of grand set aside for this and the quote is well within my budget, think I can also buy all the equipement with my budget too, lights and filters, heaters, already have the CO2 kit, might even reach for substrate and some plants also ;)
Can't wait, just waiting for email from supplier for timescales when they can do it ;)

They quoted on 10mm glass think this will be enough? or should I ask for something stronger?

TDI-line said:
What happened LD?
The guys that quoted me inicially said in the end was too far to travel to build it, so I am back to square one!

TDI-line said:
How about just getting 2 made from your local MA, then slip them in the space Tetris style. :D
Would still need to build a stand in place, I have a couple of mates that are carpenters, so that could be a possibility. But the single tank would look much nicer ;)

Hi Guys,
I am new to the site, marine keeper myself but very interested in aquascaping. I like your tank design but can see an issue attempting to build it on site, due to the clamping systems used to construct these tanks. Don't see a problem constructing the tank and delivering, so long as there is suitable access. The only issue I see is installing it into the space available. You may need to shorten one of the lengths of the sides to achieve this. We are constantly making tanks similar to this in design. If you would like to contact me direct I would be more than happy to help. email: ray@aquariums.ltd.uk.

Graeme and i went abd had a guided tour of Aquariums Limited and as far as i'm conserned these guys are the business!
Well worth getting in touch, they certainly know their stuff.

Tankbuilder said:
Hi Guys,
I am new to the site, marine keeper myself but very interested in aquascaping. I like your tank design but can see an issue attempting to build it on site, due to the clamping systems used to construct these tanks. Don't see a problem constructing the tank and delivering, so long as there is suitable access. The only issue I see is installing it into the space available. You may need to shorten one of the lengths of the sides to achieve this. We are constantly making tanks similar to this in design. If you would like to contact me direct I would be more than happy to help. email: ray@aquariums.ltd.uk.

Email sent! ;)

PM said:
Ooh! Tankbuilder, now that sounds like a user we need to get to know better ;) (sssh)!
Well so far no replies! lol so not very good after all!

LondonDragon said:
PM said:
Ooh! Tankbuilder, now that sounds like a user we need to get to know better ;) (sssh)!
Well so far no replies! lol so not very good after all!

awwww.. thats a shame.. i was hoping for some top building tips!

Hi guys, some developments in this tank, there is a possibility that this might go ahead after all, meeting the tank builder tomorrow afternoon.

Now just wanting some advice really, 60cm to high? sump or no sump? How many filters for a 500l tank if not the sump option??

Many thanks :)

Hi Paulo

Good to hear this might be a goer - it'll make a great journal :D

I limited my optiwhite to 55cm tall, as this means I can comfortably reach the substrate. My discus tank is 60cm, and is built into the wall higher than it would be on a stand, so you have to get steps out to reach the substrate which is a pain!

I'd say 2 good filters (eheim 2075's) would do the job, plus a koralia or 2. it'll be interesting to devise a flow pattern for this shape tank so you dont get deadspots.

Look forward to the update.

Tony

Back