• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new 60cm journal

chump54

new scape...60 x 30 x 36

here's what it looked like at 21:00.

5580159017_8ac834ecb4.jpg60cm opti-white by clearlydived, on Flickr

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow... going to bed now.

Chris

5582625179_4701b44dc2.jpg60cm opti-white |(more plants) by clearlydived, on Flickr

attempting an Elatine hydropiper foreground, various crypts, narrow leaf fern, bolbitis and some valis in the background.

48 watts of light, loads of co2, EI ferts. no fish/shrimp for a while.

I'm keeping the temperature around 20 as I've read the Elatine hydropiper prefers the cooler temps. (I've had a minor success growing it on the window sill, in our cold house so maybe there is something to it).

I'm also going to attempt making some acrylic lily pipes, as tyrophagus did here (thanks :) )
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... es#p146823

really I'm thinking of this as a stepping stone tank, while I look for some different wood/stone.

thanks for looking.

please post your thoughts. (that red background... what do you think? I'm thinking no)

Chris

thanks Steve, yeah I think the right might need a little something. I might use some more of the crypt parva and x willisii and it does look a little flat too although in the flesh it has more depth... I think... do you mean back to front to back 'flat' or height/single level?? thanks for the feedback :)

Chris

Back