• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 60cm Scape

thats more like it. glosso may look nice in there.there maybe too much of a defining line between the hc and background flora. just a thought

hc seems to be used all the time now.

Wow... this has turned out better than I imagined! Well done, I really like it. Like Mark said, it might be a good idea to get a few more mid-ground plants in there, especially on the left side because there isn't the wood there the break up the mid-ground.

Thanks for the positive comments thus far.

Not sure on the best longterm location of the Hygro, still keen to get a carpet of HC, although, I'm starting to quite like the p.helferi, maybe a mixed forground of this on HC ?

No new planting, theres a few bit's of algae around, but not as much as I was expecting.
My 4 Oto's seem to have gone into hiding, or they've escaped and are drying out nicely on the carpet.

Hopefully I'll be adding some LampEyes in the next couple of days.

Heres some more photos'

DSCF3628.JPG

DSCF3626.JPG

DSCF3627.JPG

I have to thank everyone here, you've been pretty much my research.

Plants are

5 pots Hygrophila corymbosa
3 post Pogostemon helferi
6 bunches Vallisneria americana ''mini twister''

Along with a few Staurogyne sp from 'SuperMan'

Still want to progress to a carpet of HC, and some more midground plants.

And with the new year comes a new picture.....

Took a trip to our local MA in Newport. Came back with 5 lampeyes as planned, but also with 4 Celestial Pearl Danio.

DSCF3633.JPG

DSCF3639.JPG

I would have got more, but they were the last 4 in the shop, but negotiation got the price down to £2 per fish, which was quite good. I fully intend to get some more in the coming weeks.

webworm said:
Sounds intriguing, you breading them ?
Yes, ordered all the kit today to setup my nano as a breeding tank. Fingers crossed it'll work as apparently, from reading the internet, they're one of the easiest to breed. Plus I need to recoup some of the cost of the ones I've got. In my haste to buy them, I think I paid over the odds.

Hope you have some success. Be interested to see how you get on, do you have more details on your nano setup ?

Stuart

Great thread and what a transformation from bare to planted. I agree the midground to background could maybe have a little work but thats all about the individual and I'm sure in nature you would come up against cliffs of foliage.

Nice work. I've never liked wood in tanks til I saw this. Thanks for showing so many layout photos at the start.

Tank currently is suffering from a little neglect.

However arrival of new plants soon, and I'll be replanting / rescaping.

Ok. After some purchases from LFS and from the 'For Sale' section, here's the current re-scape, need a bit more glass cleaning, and some sediment removal from the plant leaves having stirred everything up.

Appologies for the camera phone quality.

IMG_20120415_221329.jpg

IMG_20120415_221314.jpg

I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow.

Back