• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New ADA LED pendant light unit coming in 2016

Wow now that would challenge my credit card restraint...
31-1.jpg

Wow, this would be cool enough to hang in your kitchen!

I'm so glad I found this. I was literally about to order a grand solar.
Can't wait! I've had it with the cheap piece of crap Aquasky.

Now that Amano's not around I guess they need to do something BIG to show the industry that ADA didn't go with him...

I wonder if they have more creative licence now that there's a new director?

Yes, I think they will also use fans with air coming out the sides. The glass on top will be too much of an insulator.

More updates

oKbMYom.jpg

Size / Lighting unit: W43×D28×H6.4 (cm), Electronic ballast: W21×D9×H6.5 (cm)
Weight / Lighting unit: 2.6kg, Electronic ballast: 1.5kg
Input voltage / AC100〜240V 50 / 60Hz
Power consumption / 130W
Luminous flux / 3,000〜3,500lm
Illuminance / Around 33,000Lx (Central illuminance at 30cm distance)
Color temperature / Around 9,000〜12,000K (There are variation in color temperature due to the nature of LED)
LED light / 160 (RGB LED)
LED lifetime / Over 30,000 hours (Actual hours may vary depending on usage environment)
Operating temperature range / 0〜35℃
http://www.adana.co.jp/en/release/detail?id=249
Copied from another forum.

At a minimum I hope it has sunrise and set.

Indeed!

Surely one of the great benefits of led's is the ease of dimming and programming light schedules. Why would I want 130w of led's in preference to a single 150w metal halide, just for the elegance of the fixture? I don't think so.

I've got 56w of Giesmann pulzars now which provides a more than ample amount of light but the added BT inerface programming unit is certainly a bit clunky.

I could imagine ADA producing a truly innovative high end LED fixture with some proven pre-programmed lighting cycle options for say, first month, shaded stream, full sun, long day, short day etc.

I really hope there is more to this new product than the info so far suggests....

Indeed!

Surely one of the great benefits of led's is the ease of dimming and programming light schedules. Why would I want 130w of led's in preference to a single 150w metal halide, just for the elegance of the fixture? I don't think so.

I've got 56w of Giesmann pulzars now which provides a more than ample amount of light but the added BT inerface programming unit is certainly a bit clunky.

I could imagine ADA producing a truly innovative high end LED fixture with some proven pre-programmed lighting cycle options for say, first month, shaded stream, full sun, long day, short day etc.

I really hope there is more to this new product than the info so far suggests....
Agreed. ADA don't need to provide too much if it's just a teaser. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until it's officially out.

This will probably cost around $1500 in Australia so no mean feat to afford it. Apparently it's around 900 Euro.

Back