• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New ADA light: Aquasky RGB

Ready to sell your kidney

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinobi

Not much information is available yet, just thought it might be an interesting option for 60cm tanks that wants that 'famous' Solar RGB rendition but for a bit less.

Haven't seen it in person but heard it should render similar to Solar, this version probably uses the same diodes only fewer.

Should be out in Japan this December, no pricing yet, but expect $$$, probably in the 500€ range
FB_IMG_1573645285628.jpg

Last edited:
The frame is very thick, bulky and not elegant, definitely not something I'd expect from ADA.

Have to agree on the framing not being the most elegant of designs. Should've sticked with their acrylic stands perhaps. The color rendition looks similar to Solar RGB, which is to say it's the best - it has that going for it

Interested to see if the silver version leaves as big of an impact

Pricing in japan is 299€...

2500lumens.

Japanese pricing is nothing to go by unfortunately. Some products get 2x when shipped overseas

2500lumens should be plenty for a 60cm, I believe the large Solar model is 3500 - lumen is a visual measurement and there's apparently no clear rules for how the manufacturers are allowed to use them. I can tell you for one that my Solar 3500lumen appears A LOT brighter than my 9500lumen Chihiros A series Plus, just to show how useless this measurement is

Japanese pricing is nothing to go by unfortunately. Some products get 2x when shipped overseas

2500lumens should be plenty for a 60cm, I believe the large Solar model is 3500 - lumen is a visual measurement and there's apparently no clear rules for how the manufacturers are allowed to use them. I can tell you for one that my Solar 3500lumen appears A LOT brighter than my 9500lumen Chihiros A series Plus, just to show how useless this measurement is

Yeah I know for the Price, Hope it won't be over 400bucks though...

As far as the lumens go; I'm growing difficult plants with an old twinstar with 2100lumens..so 2500lm looks OK on a 60cm tank to me. :)

It would be nice to see shade part on this aquasky, Can't stand the glare anymore. ;)

Lumens measure different wavelenghts then PAR, so most RGB lights are weaker for a human (Lumen) then for a plant (PAR).

That is very nice indeed, but it's way too stylised for my liking. I would have thought the ADA ethos would be along the lines of "the plants/fish are the stars".
The light unit should be almost invisible when looking at the tank front on, but the sexy angles and engraved logo do the opposite.
They clearly want their logo to appear in as many photos as possible...and it'll work very well for them.

Seen the black unit in action. The light looks very powerful, more than enough for a 60cm tank, rated at 45watts I think.

Definitely has a different tint than the G series aquasky which accentuates the green, this is more like the solar RGB but perhaps not as vibrant.

Not the biggest fan of the design of the stand, looks quite aggressive on the tank, maybe the silver one looks less intrusive.

Seen the black unit in action. The light looks very powerful, more than enough for a 60cm tank, rated at 45watts I think.

Definitely has a different tint than the G series aquasky which accentuates the green, this is more like the solar RGB but perhaps not as vibrant.

Not the biggest fan of the design of the stand, looks quite aggressive on the tank, maybe the silver one looks less intrusive.

Yeah, it seems that the silver is more discrete.

Not very impressed by the color rendition in the youtube video, might buy an ONF flat one instead

I wouldn’t trust color by a video. As one would have to have a display that was calibrated color to even begin to judge. Always best to se in person.

See it in person means buying it in my country...well it depends of the price but I wouldn't put 500€ in such light

I wanted to!
But although the next Canada shipment won’t arrive until April earliest, there will be NO Aquasky RGB
(as they won’t be available ............... :banghead:)

Sorry, but I’ve been trying (again) to buy some fairly common (I thought) ADA items and it’s not going well :sour:

Back