• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Anubias nana died for no reason

Piece-of-fish

Hello, i have bought and put in to my office tank anubias nana, after about 1 week i have noticed couple leaves that started to rot, today i wanted to remove the affected leaves but when i took out the plant it has completely falllen apart and rhizome was all rotten and smelled horrible! The plant looked healthy when brought from the shop and i have another anubias nana which is doing great in the tank.
Anyone has any ideas why did it happen and what was that? I have no reasons to think off o_O

good many reasons, none to do with you.

The only obvious question is did you bury the rhizome, if so your not meant to as the plant will rot/die.

Andy

no, the rhizome was not burried, its really mysterios :(
I think it was originally an aquafluor plant as i said the plant looked 100% healthy when i got it and when it disentegrated the leaves still looked healthy only the rhizome rotted.

90l tank
EI automated dosing
pressurized co2
akadama substrate
lighting 48w T5 and 30w T8 without reflectors
Planted quite heavily
Had not changed or added anything for weeks

The most surprising was how quick the rhizome rotted, less than 10 days. I dont think it was something from my tank cause i have another nana whitch is thriving. Cold weather during shipping?, some sort of infection? pretreatment with some kind of chemical? forgot to mention it was from lfs.

Back