• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Aquael Ultramax

Maybe something was wrong during assembly. I would disassemble that part and try again. It should work almost silent, otherwise I would make a video of it and reach aquael customer service....

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I’ve only read or seen a few recent reviews on new filters but I must say it’s a bit premature for some of them to say they are better than established makes like Eheim and Fluval. If they’re still running without faults in ten years time then they can start boasting.

I wonder how many of today's Eheims will be running in ten years. Ones made thirty or forty years ago are still going strong, but are the new ones as well made? The two I've bought in the last couple of years certainly weren't.

I was one of them that said I personally prefer the ultramax to any of my filters I currently have (fluval x06 and eheim 2217). I think i have at least the right to vouch my preference based on my personal experience, or not, and should wait 10 years to give my feedback??

Anyway, how many of us will be using the same filters in 10 years? Chances are sooner or later people will upgrade for several reasons....

I ran an Eheim for ten years solid (until I moved house) without any problems apart from occasional consumables like impellers and shafts. With new to the market filters we just don’t know if they’re going to be reliable or not. Features mean nothing if its not reliable.
As for upgrading, well we all make mistakes but if you buy the right size filter in the first place there’s no need to replace it unless you get another tank.

In this throwaway world of today will anything last for 10 years,do i wait and see before i purchase the product,no of course not,whose to say that the ultramax wont last, i have been using this filter since Nov 2018 and apart from a small design fault in the motor housing cover (which aquael put right) it has been outstanding and there is nothing on the market that i am aware of in terms of build quality,design, ease of maintenance,flow rates,media capacity,or price,if something better is produced by any manufacturer then i would certainly take a look.

. . . a small design fault in the motor housing cover (which aquael put right) . . .
That's a good point; you can have problems with even the best-made products, but some makers or retailers will sort it out for you without any fuss. It's always good to hear about customer service, as product reviewers don't usually get to experience it.

Got the priming plunger working and primed it again but it’s still noisy.

The impeller shaft looks to short? There’s a gap between the cover and the shaft. Is this normal?

25bf099ed4989a89a67e7de8e21ad772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone have a photo of how the impeller shaft should sit? I have two Ulta max 2000s one is fine the other quite loud. In neither does the impeller shaft reach the plate?

Does anyone have a photo of how the impeller shaft should sit? I have two Ulta max 2000s one is fine the other quite loud. In neither does the impeller shaft reach the plate?
Got mine this Tuesday it looks the same as on the pic above it is not touching the plate. I have installed the filter, at first glance, it looks great but mine is drawing air from somewhere checked all of the seals and rubbers can't find where it is pulling from. It is not a big issue because the filter is working and all but over time air builds up and purges int a tank and it doesn't look nice having microbubbles every 2-3 hours all over the tank. I have contacted Aquael service about it and I'm waiting for a response.

Got mine this Tuesday it looks the same as on the pic above it is not touching the plate. I have installed the filter, at first glance, it looks great but mine is drawing air from somewhere checked all of the seals and rubbers can't find where it is pulling from. It is not a big issue because the filter is working and all but over time air builds up and purges int a tank and it doesn't look nice having microbubbles every 2-3 hours all over the tank. I have contacted Aquael service about it and I'm waiting for a response.
Resolved by Aquael's great customer support, works great now.

Hi guys I’m only new on this as far as I am aware the logo on Ultramax lid is WiFi there is an app available on phone what app does I don’t know as I’m waiting on the 2000 model will not get it til monday

Mine has the symbol but it’s full black. There is no WiFi on it afaik and no chance for the blinking lights that the app refers to.

It has been talked before. Not sure whether it was already updated but I believe mine has no function.

Resolved by Aquael's great customer support, works great now.

I'm also having the same problem. Out of interest, how did you contact them? I've tried their online form which doesn't work so I've emailed the info email address. Haven't had any response at present.

I've read that the filter is close to silent. Any pros or cons? Should I consider the ultramax 1000 or 1500 for the Aquascaper 60p which is around 100 litres.

Are there any filters that are as equally quiet?

Hey guys

How’s the filter going now? I’ve bought one partly for prefilter to save cleaning but the sponge is never dirty really - anybody swapped it for floss to rinse weekly on the WC?

Taking the lot out every week kinda defeats the point if the prefilter access design entirely for me.

Cheers

Hey guys

How’s the filter going now? I’ve bought one partly for prefilter to save cleaning but the sponge is never dirty really - anybody swapped it for floss to rinse weekly on the WC?

Taking the lot out every week kinda defeats the point if the prefilter access design entirely for me.

Cheers

I have two 2000s running atm. Completely silent and still as powerful as when new.

I use a fine shrimp filter guard from Aquasabi https://www.aquasabi.com/Aquasabi-Filter-Guard-Fine-mesh

I clean this every few weeks (the shrimp and Otocinclus seem to see it as a source of food and clean it for me). The filter itself doesn't collect much dirt and rarely needs cleaning.

I have two 2000s running atm. Completely silent and still as powerful as when new.

I use a fine shrimp filter guard from Aquasabi https://www.aquasabi.com/Aquasabi-Filter-Guard-Fine-mesh

I clean this every few weeks (the shrimp and Otocinclus seem to see it as a source of food and clean it for me). The filter itself doesn't collect much dirt and rarely needs cleaning.

Thanks man. Filter guards are a good shout I just always figured they’d get blocked super fast. Will look into it though.

Is that because you don’t use floss? I know it’s not essential but I do find the water is much clearer with it. Any logic why making the prefilter more effective is a bad thing with the floss?

I know people say it will clog, but that’s kinda the point surely? Then open and rinse weekly. Much easier than using floss within the filter?

I followed that pond guru filter guy on YouTube too but like others said his sole aim is less maintenance for standard tanks.m and all bio with one sponge tray. Aquascaped tanks with soil we change weekly are not the same are they.

Mine as been working great.

I found the same that the prefilter does not accumulate a lot of particles.

Anyone using lily pipes for the intake?

When i tried to use a VIV brand one, with extra holes, but not the oval shaped one, I had the impression that somehow it was restricting flow and have since reverted back to the original, kind of ugly inlet.

Any suggestions for a glass one that has been working great? I don’t think there are many, if any, 17mm glass input pipes that support 2000l/h.

Mine as been working great.

I found the same that the prefilter does not accumulate a lot of particles.

Anyone using lily pipes for the intake?

When i tried to use a VIV brand one, with extra holes, but not the oval shaped one, I had the impression that somehow it was restricting flow and have since reverted back to the original, kind of ugly inlet.

Any suggestions for a glass one that has been working great? I don’t think there are many, if any, 17mm glass input pipes that support 2000l/h.

Yeah lily pipes mate.

I might seriously try the floss in the prefilter as it makes perfect sense to me given it’s there’s for convenience. Then just clean end swap that each week in like 2 mins.

Cheers

Back