• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Aquarium Calculator site.....again?!

SO19Firearms

After the sad loss of Wet and his original site I decided to make a new free website dedicated purely to Aquarium Calculators.
Currently this is mostly for dosing methods like The Estimative Index, PMDD, PPS-Pro, PMDD and an All-In-One but I plan to expand this to do more in the future. Most of it you'll have seen before but I plan to add a some whizzy extras going forward.....
Let me know what you think or if you spot any [deliberate] mistakes etc

Website - AquariumCalculators.com

aquariumcalculators.png

Thanks for looking!

An option to choose the amount of liquid you want to add to the tank would be useful. With twin-neck bottles it is easier to measure smaller quantities of liquid so I am adding 45ml rather than the 90ml by making the solution twice as strong

An option to choose the amount of liquid you want to add to the tank would be useful. With twin-neck bottles it is easier to measure smaller quantities of liquid so I am adding 45ml rather than the 90ml by making the solution twice as strong
This and Spoons for stock solutions are highest on the EI list at the moment. :)

Hi
Thanks for making the effort and time to create this free website!:thumbup:
A Glutaraldehyde dilution section would be a bonus!
Cheers
hoggie

Unfortunately you can't add the Magnesium to the macro's as the Calcium will react with the Phosphate.
To counter that you only add your GH Boost just once at the start of the week

HTH

Unfortunately you can't add the Magnesium to the macro's as the Calcium will react with the Phosphate.
To counter that you only add your GH Boost just once at the start of the week

HTH
I am referring to the MgSO4, normally supplied as epson salts so no Ca2+ on the mixture. You are thinking about the re-mineralizing for RO water as far as I can tell

I would also like that adding as I bought the EI kit from another site and it has MgSO4 and I'd like to use the calculator.

If you're not using a GH Boost and you're supplying your Calcium and Magnesium a different way you can probably use the PPM calculator to work out what you're adding.
You'll be able to discount the Calcium and Magnesium values

....although I still need to add Calcium to the PPM....:oops:

I'm not sure i understand how to do that.. Do I work out my dose in the EI calc and then go back to the ppm calc to see how much I need to add to complete the bottle?

If you're not using a GH Boost and you're supplying your Calcium and Magnesium a different way you can probably use the PPM calculator to work out what you're adding.
You'll be able to discount the Calcium and Magnesium values

....although I still need to add Calcium to the PPM....:oops:
I understand that but The Nutrient Company also sells Magnesium Sulphate and all the EI guides will tell you it is needed. So to be honest I don't see the usefulness of the calculator without it. I use to use this one but I will need to find a different one from now one which is a bit of a shame since this was present on the calculator before

I have made a micro dose using the site so I can dose 5ml but for the macro one I'll use the standard dose for now as I am unsure how to make it for 5ml dose without the MgSO4

Thanks

Hi!! It would be great if you can add teaspoon option in the dry PPM version.

If I am not mistaken this was the one I used through the Nutrient Company site. I believe that since they do not sell any dry salts anymore there was no need for these calcs. I now use Rotala Butterfly.

If I am not mistaken this was the one I used through the Nutrient Company site. I believe that since they do not sell any dry salts anymore there was no need for these calcs. I now use Rotala Butterfly.
Thanks, strangely enough I somehow found Rotala Butterfly in amongst some other things but the old site kept showing on some other info I had saved.

Back