• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Aquascaping book by Oliver Knott and Chris Lukhaup

English version is welcome indeed ;) I have a plant book in portuguese, by a Brazilian author and its the best plant book I have seen, there is also another one about aquascaping which is also very good, again would be great to have an english version!

English version is welcome indeed ;) I have a plant book in portuguese, by a Brazilian author and its the best plant book I have seen, there is also another one about aquascaping which is also very good, again would be great to have an english version!
Are they the same books I saw at AL? If so I would love to see an english version of those books too.

Looks like its going to be a good book, fingers crossed for an english version.

I had a look at the contents table and it looks very promising. Lot's of explanation and step-by-step guides. Really looking forward to this book, might even consider getting the German one :D

Properly looking forward to this one. I also love how Lukhaup has quite the hidden talent when it comes to 'scaping, too. He downplays his skills in a lot of areas.

theres model tigers in one of the tanks....
wow...

I was never a fan of his but it had been a while since i had looked back at his stuff, or seen anything recent....and its still nassssssty as hell

From following him on facebook its clear that the addition of 'tacky' ornaments is mostly because of where the tanks are, such as in zoo's so need the connection with an exibit.
While some of his tanks certainly push the traditionalist boundries there is no escaping his mad skills.
He's done some amazing tanks some of which have been running years yet get little publicity over here. Well worth following of FB along with Viktors Green Aqua for that daily aquatic fix.
Ill certainly buy the book once an english version is available.

I have a lot of respect for Oliver. Having met him numerous times you realise what a great sense of humour he has and this is reflected in some of his aquascapes.

The man is an aquascaping machine, churning literally well over 100 aquascapes every year. Not all of them are to our taste, but this is reflection of life in general. Perhaps you have to "sell-out" somewhat and create high-impact aquascapes to lure new folk into the hobby. Perhaps once they're in they'll come across more "tasteful" aquascapes and they'll be influenced accordingly.

But what does it really matter anyway? If folk are enjoying the hobby, growing healthy plants and having fun - then I think that's the most important thing.

I'll sum up with Oliver's latest creation that made me laugh out loud.

5950_592733757438558_2118826473_n.jpg

Back