• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Bonsai :D

Nice work mate. I have been keeping bonsai trees myself for a few years now. Some have flourished whilst others have failed. I have a Chinese elm but nowhere near as old as yours. When the weather gets a bit better, I will put it outside for the summer. I would like to grow my own bonsai at some point from a British tree species.

I saw a potted elm that was 15 yo in a garden center the other day, potted as a bonsai and it was going for £50!!!!

if you don't mind, how much did this set you back Tom?

Great job. I'm not so sure on the lowest right hand branch though Cotoneaster Horizontalis makes a great weeping style, I have a good size bush if anyone wants some trimmings. Hunting down raw material for bonsai projects can be fun. I was into this about 12-15 years ago but several house moves later & other interests saw an end to it.

I have a little Acer in a large pot outside that I bought last year that seems to be doing well. I've been thinking about a bit of pruning for a few seasons, see where it ends up. :)

Back