New Card Scam

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by Ed Seeley, 4 Dec 2007.

1. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Hi guys,
    I read this on another forum and thought I ought to pass it on here. Read it and let others know!

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Cheers Ed :)

Sam

3. fishgeek

fishgeek Member

has anyone ever had one of these forwarded becareful scams attempted on themselve's?

maybe i am just too cynical why would anyone ever give an incoming caller their bank card details, anyone who is suppossed to have them already dose

andrew

4. tgc

tgc Member

My sister in-law had one of these and it wasn't until she asked her dad to pass her her handbag that the alarm bells rang for her dad.

I think they tend to phone you when your gonna be busy like around dinner time etc....
    so that you havn't got too much time to think about what your doing.

When she questioned why they need her security number they hung up on her!!

Cheers

5. beeky

beeky Member

To stop alot of this going on they should stop companies from sending out goods to addresses other than the card holder. Some companies do it and sometimes it's a pain if you're lodging temporarily somewhere, but it would make things alot safer.

6. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

The same guy posted this scam today too! Don't know where he's getting his info from, but can't hurt to hear about them - knowledge is power after all! :lol: