• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New challenges...

I'll be doing a series of at least six biotopes. One of them from a UK stream!
ive always wanted to do a stream tank for clown loach,a long,narrow tank with pumps at one end to simulate the flow,remember reading about one years ago,i think it may have been in pfk.

looking forward to the series :D

cheers dave

Has this series started then? Are you going to be posting them up on here?

Garuf said:
Has this series started then? Are you going to be posting them up on here?
Hi Gareth,

It starts in the Sept issue. If biotopes are your bag then Jeremy has done a really nice one on a Sri Lanka hill stream this month.

Here's a couple of shots from my Cambodian blackwater and Lake Tanganyika shell dweller set-ups.

I'll post more photos once they've been published.

pairespei.jpg

singleshellcrop.jpg

As much as I dearly love planted tanks, and always will, it is nice to try my hand at other aspects of fishkeeping. I'm honored that PFK have put their faith in me to do this series, as they could have asked someone else who had far better knowledge and skill than I.

I hope I can do it the justice it deserves and hopefully help to educate and inspire the readers to try their hands at biotope aquaria, as well as the planted stuff.

One of my school friends had shell dwellers, they're such characterful fish, love to rearrange everything though. What species did you get and what size tank did you use or should I just wait for it to be published?

Cheers George, I'm excited already, can't wait to see what you've done.

AdAndrews said:
got any more pics of the shell dwellers tank george? i am intrested in setting up a 60litre for some.
Hi,

Great to hear that you want to set up a tank for shell dwellers. You won't regret it.

Regarding photos, you'll have to wait until they're published in PFK I'm afraid. The shell dweller biotope will be in the Oct issue, out in Sept.

Back