New Chihiros Doctor - One device fits all tanks.

Discussion in 'Hinterfeld' started by Hinterfeld.com, 27 Sep 2017.

1. Hinterfeld.com

Hinterfeld.com Sponsor Staff Member

Attached Files:

CooKieS and Tim Harrison like this.
  2. REDSTEVEO

REDSTEVEO Member

My reactor on my original Twinstar Super S has finally packed in. I bought the whole set up about 5 years ago, and this is about the tenth time I have had to replace the reactor, so one new reactor every six months. You can not buy the replacement reactor anymore in the UK you can only get it from Korea which with shipping costs around £70.00.

The Chihirios Doctor 3 in 1 complete kit new is less than this amount, but is the quality any good, how long before the reactors need to be changed?

Steve

3. Hinterfeld.com

Hinterfeld.com Sponsor Staff Member

The replacement disc depends on how you use it. The higher volume you selected then you need to replace it sooner. Normally for a 2 feet tank, it is sometime between 9months to 14 months. depends on your water condition, usage etc.

4. REDSTEVEO

REDSTEVEO Member

Hi, Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I went ahead and bought the Chihiros Doctor instead. Before I installed it I tried inter changing the Chihiros Reactor with the Twinstar unit and vice versa and they all worked the same.

So plugged the Chihiros Reactor in to the Twinstar unit and it worked. Tried the old Twinstar reactor into the Chihiros unit and it worked. So at first glance it would appear that they are interchangeable despite what the manufacturers say.

Don't know if it is a risk or not though, so just using the Chihiros kit complete but using the power transformer from the Twinstar unit.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Steve