• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

What did the retailer say?
That seems very annoying and can’t be normal :eek:

I've just sent messages to Chihiros and the Aliexpress seller, let's see what comes from them...

It seems to be by design, considering both have exactly the same behavior...

I've only had mine in for about 15min so far while trialling different intensities and laying about with app and mine certainly doesn't do that, I'll have a better look when I get home tonight and let you know how mine acts during and after programming via the app

That would be great @Kalum thanks...

I've made a small experience keeping mine on for some time (my new aquarium is empty right now)

They are blinking for at least 1h, I suppose this is the BT connection search status. Programming and manual operation seem to be working fine...

My plan B will be to open them and put something on to cover this status led...

To be honest, I had great expectations on this unit but user instructions are practically nonexisting and I doubt I will receive any real customer support from the seller or Chihiros itself.

So to anyone reading this thread: keep in mind low prices comes with some issues...

Apologies @Paulo Pacheco I ended up working late last night and totally forgot to check, I'll get it done tonight and let you know so you have a better idea how to go forward from here

Totally agree with the instructions being non existent but saying that I've found it really easy to set up and use in my limited experience of it so far, connected quickly as soon as I loaded the app and loaded a custom preset 1 and cycled through the standard preset options

The only issue I've had with it so far is the connection dropped off a couple of times at the start but it seemed to stabilise quickly after that and worked fine

@Paulo Pacheco just had the light out again and there isn't a blue light in sight, I didn't want to say until I confirmed it but I've never had a blue light appear ever

Cycled through all saved profiles and ran a preset during sunset and it ramped down to off and acting as it should with no blue light

My light was from Go Aquarium Store on Aliexpress if that helps at all

Hey @Kalum, thanks for your test.

Mine are from the same seller and he is replying my messages, so It seems he will provide support.

Anyway, it's strange because I bought them on different occasions, months apart, and both have this dedicated blue BBT status led bellow the grey sticker.

Maybe its a new feature (annoying one) on this batch.

I want to make a shade for this light. Any ideas on how to make it and what material to use ? thanks

You could "just" bend a square piece of metal on one side to form a "hook" , and hang it on.... maybe glue it on but what kind of glue to use, I do not know, as light gets kind of hot!

By the way... I just played a little bit around with my VIVID, but I did not see any blue lights blinking.

It is notable... I would not sleep next to it, still again it is not that bad. Think the best thing I can say, as said before, it is like a good quality computer fan, running at normal operation speed.

It is notable... I would not sleep next to it, still again it is not that bad. Think the best thing I can say, as said before, it is like a good quality computer fan, running at normal operation speed.

Is it possible that you could measure the DB rating with an app on your phone?

Sorry but I packed away the power supply as I am not using the lamp yet... and then now they promote the VIVID 2 is comming out next month! OMG, oh well it should basicly be the same light with some updated fetures. Design is better IMO. not to much looking like a space craft.

They made a new app 'My Chihiros' I wont to tey it out... even though it could make more sense to wait untill i have the aquarium ready... when ever I get a grib on my self, I will make the test for you.

About supporting a 90 long tank, I think its the very limit. You can see the par test on their facebook page and the new VIVID 2.

Just seen that and the output of the light stays the same but it's just 2cm wider, 3cm narrower and 1cm slimmer in height, looks nicer as well

Will be interesting to see what the fan situation is in comparison but all in it's pretty much a looks upgrade by the sounds of it, the app upgrades are gimmicky at best

If it's the same price then it'll still be tempting but got a feeling they might up the price a bit

First sighting on aliexpress for the vivid 2, £280 delivered. Im not entirely sure how accurate that is because only one store has them listed.

It seems that might have been from a US supplier, as it can be seen for as little as £230 delivered from Hong Kong.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    668.7 KB · Views: 205
Well, after confirming the seller was selling a vivid version 2, I placed an order for one in black and paid £224 delivered to the UK.

I’ll keep everyone updated

Back