• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Decade, New Decadence...

Yah!

6E1AD296-D3EC-4560-A207-57F18605F502.jpeg

Just looked at the empty tank pic and it looks like your lights are positioned at the back of the tank is there a reason there not central

It’s just the design of the ADA hanging kit @Jayefc1

2F8E612E-D42B-4374-93FD-5443AFC6DC3E.jpeg

Keeps side viewing available.

On to the next one....

1606902847311.jpeg

Stick it together and 24 hours to cure.

1606902899099.jpeg

End result:

1606902931325.jpeg

View from the sofa:

1606902969300.jpeg

Going to glue the wood to the base glass and give it another 24 hours to cure. Then can move on to the rock work with a few beers after the kids go to bed.

There’s more wood available but still undecided how to use it or if to use it at all.

That is some great peices of wood cant wait for this one love your jurnals always very helpful and insightful.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nice! I like those large pieces of wood - are they from AG? (Listed on their site as Corbo Catfish root?)

EDIT: is that Proharu easy to remove from the glass later on then? Does it set rock hard, or stay semi flexible?

your jurnals always very helpful and insightful.

Appreciate the feedback Dean. Try to document the scapes so if they work then folks can grab some ideas, if they don’t then folks can see the pitfalls of certain methods. Would rather them be a good example than a terrible warning though 😂

Nice! I like those large pieces of wood - are they from AG? (Listed on their site as Corbo Catfish root?)

It’s a mixture @Wookii . Six pieces so far, five different types, one of them Catfish root. Don’t worry about the names much anymore, just the texture and shape for the orientation they’ll be used in.

EDIT: is that Proharu easy to remove from the glass later on then? Does it set rock hard, or stay semi flexible?

You can carefully scrape it off with a razor, yes. Just need to remember where the attachment points are. It’s slightly elastic once set.

Interesting the choice to have no rocks around the main wood (did I get it right?)

Not got around to adding the rocks in @Nico Felici , there’s going to a lot of height behind the right side though. Still just glueing the wood down first so it doesn’t float (wood hasn’t been pre-soaked) when tank gets flooded:

1606906997255.jpeg

Last edited:
You going full ada with the bacter and tramaline

Didn’t really need the Bacter as it’s already on the powersand. Had it in so used it. But yes, it is a full ADA substrate system.

Looks really good mate a full carpet this time too I guess

Everything this time Jay, anything goes. Created lots of areas of varying light and should have good distribution so ideal for planting out all sorts. Can borrow from the 600, still have everything from the last setup and adding more as well.

Looks amazing already! I've always wanted a scape with a tree stump sort of thing. Maybe one day when i break down my 900. 🤔

Looking forward to following along! 😀

As others have said great job cant wait for this mate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back