• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New diffuser caused bubble rate to go down

fishbro

Hi everyone

I recently replaced a bazooka diffuser with the flux diffuser from co2art. These are more or less the same aside from the clear fittings on the newer flux model. However I have noticed that even with the needle valve all the way open on the new diffuser, there is no more than 2bps on the counter compared to almost a stream of bubbles on the old one. The FE handle is closed fully and the larger valve on the regulator is wide open. I did soak the new diffuser in the tank for a good 6 hours before using it - maybe that wasn't enough?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

It might be clogged from the manufacturing process. Have you tried soaking it in 1:1 bleach and water for an hour? Failing that contact CO2 Art and ask their advice.

They do say the working pressure needs to be at least 30psi on the new flux is yours at that point

Hi guys. Not tried the bleach method yet but I will if soaking it in the tank for another few days doesn't work (put a different diffuser on at the moment). Forgot to write the pressure in the first post, but it's around 40-45 psi :)

Back