• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Filter for 240L Aquarium

Are you going to keep the 2078 then or opt for the bigger 2080?

Can I just confirm that the model you got was the 2078-510 and it came with all the media?

Mines going back I wanted the 2080, I will check the actual model when I get home tonight and if it has media:)

JOHNNY

Got home and measured the cupboard under the tank, and although the 2080 would just squeeze in, I'd then have no room to put anything else in there. So I guess I'll have to go for the 2078!

Just spoken to one of the Eheim UK distributors and the 2078 and 2080 do not come with media :(

Thinking of getting 4l of Substrat Pro, 2l of BioMech and 2l of Mech pro , any comments on these quantities would be appreciated. Also has anyone used the BioMech and Mech Pro new media yet???

Thanks

Hi,
The 2080 has three trays, each with a capacity of 4L. I would look at the Fluval biomedia or the Bio-Life media just for price comparison. I suspect that the performance of the various sintered glass media are very close but that their pricing might vary considerably. Any of the ones that have the "mech" moniker in their model names are going to be similar. They disrupt the flow so that suspended particles fall out of solution and help to prevent clogging of the biomedia in the upper chambers/trays, although they may also host bacteria as well. Get the cheaper one.

The cost of a complete 2080 media set is £57. If you buy the 2080+media set at Charterhouse Aquatics the total package cost is £240. Serious dosh, I know, I know :arghh:

Cheers,

Thinking of getting the 2078 from LFS for £185+£50 for media (again serious money) :bored:

Would you recommend to get the 2078 rather than the 2076? I guess that will be a yes !

Yep, if you can afford it, bigger is better in my opinion. :D

My only prejudice is that I just don't like the idea of an "e" enabled filter that supposedly "thinks". Did you ever see "The Terminator"? Creepy...

I want my dumb, 2080 MTV....

Cheers,

I would get the a pro3 filter over the pro3e as it would be cheaper and I don't need all the bells and whistles, however there is not a filter in the pro3 range that is of a similar size to the 2078. The 2080 is just too big (will not fit it under tank) and the new pro3's 2075 and 2073 are too small.

Roll on the Terminator Filter :D

Back