• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New filter needed for 180L Tank - eheim Pro 3 has developed a leak!

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

Simple question: What new filter should I get for my 180L tank?

My current one was 1850L turnover per hour and was an Eheim pro 3. This was one of the ones that had a design flaw whereby the head fills with water due to a problem with the primer. Has this issue been fixed on the newer versions?

I was also considering the Oase Biomaster 600 but that sees me drop 500lph in flow.

All options welcome!!

Another to consider is the aquael UltraMax just got one so a bit early to say but so far build quality is really good and whisper-quiet

I'm recently hooked up an Aqua Nova NCF 1500. Really impress with the quality and flow - Cheap as chips and seems to get good reviews albeit that it's not widely available in the UK under that brand.

Has this issue been fixed on the newer versions?
!

Is there any news regarding this? Im about to finally set up my tank after moving house and carrying out renovations and Im thinking about buying a pro3 1200xl....but the leaking heads is currently holding me back.

Drop Eheim a line ;)
Then at least you’ll have their confirmation in writing should you encounter the issue

FWIW I’ve not experienced leaks in any of my Eheim’s
OTOH I find it easier to “prime” the filter without using that stoopid red thingy o_O

You might like to consider a filter with an integrated heater too so less equipment in your tank. Oase do a good line.

Having spent the morning doing my research, I've gone for the aquael UltraMax 2000!
How are you finding this filter? How well does it work,flow, noise cleaning ? I started a thread yesterday with pretty much the same question, 180l tank which filter etc.
could I ask what made you choose the aquael?

Back