• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New filter - which one?

Yes I think pond guru and Eheim have had a falling out at some time. I’m guessing they didn’t take too kindly to him chucking their media in the bin!

I'm not sure about that - He's owned Pro 2 Eheims himself as some of his older videos shows him setting them up (I've subscribed to his channel for years).

He's also modified a 2213, Ecco Pro 300 and an Eheim internal as part of the "Pimp My Filter" series and wasn't negative about them - It really does seem to be something to do with the Pro 4 and I recall he said that he preferred the Pro 3.

I'm personally leaning towards Aqua One myself given the three year warranty and a plethora of websites offering parts. The Ocellaris 3000 looks like an absolute monster.

The Aquamanta range looks interesting too - Sold via Maidenhead Aquatics and are basically older re-branded Aqua One filters, together with the long guarantee and parts sold via Maidenhead Aquatics. They do a 2700lph version which again is a bit of a beast so would be ideal for my Rio 450.

In case anyone is looking for eheims. Charterhouse Aquatics are selling at £209. aquaristikshop.com for £183.

If you do the price match on charterhouse you can get it at the lower price.

Last edited:
In case anyone is looking for eheims. Charterhouse Aquatics are selling at £209. aquaristikshop.com for £183.

If you do the price match on charterhouse you can get it at the lower price.

Charterhouse are ok but their returns aren’t great. I sent back a broken filter and it took over two weeks to get a refund. Staff seemed polite enough but it just didn’t seem organised.

Aquaristikshop is probably the worst I’ve dealt with. Plenty of communication before I bought the items and then nothing after. Took almost two weeks to dispatch, arrived faulty and wouldn’t answer half a dozen emails. Opened a PayPal dispute which they never answered so PayPal ruled in my favour.

fingers crossed i have no issues with charterhouse or the filter in that case as its being delivered today.

Back