• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New firefox update causing plugins to corrupt websites

Garuf

Hello all,
I've recently updated firefox and now the plugins I'm using are preventing websites from loading images and other display aspects and as such everything is al to pot.
Also, google toolbar has gone from the top bar.
The plugin that causes the most issue is adblock pluss but even with this disabled everything is displayed wrong, but to a lesser extent.

Any help would be good. Never had issues like this before. :thumbdown:

I tried it and didn't like it if I'm honest, thanks though. :p

Try deleting/removing the yahoo search function I have to do this every time it updates. I have no problems after doing this.

Regards

Ollie

You may find that the plugins simply aren't compatible with the version of Firefox you just updated too. What version of Firefox were you using, and are you using now?

If you go to the "Tools" menu, and then "Addons" you can check if they have any available updates.

LondonDragon said:
I have some issues also since the last upgrade. Specially with the way it handles memory, its been eating up all my RAM (not bolivian or germans)!

I have the same problem, once shut down it is still running in the background in the taskmanager.

I've also heard that Firefox now uses a lot of RAM. I have no idea how to check this and don't really care to be honest, because it works and causes no problems for me. I like it.

As Steve said, the plugins probably just aren't compatible with the new version. Have you tried disabling them all to see if it works? If not, uninstall and then reinstall and see if that works without the plugins. Make sure all of the plugins are updated to the latest versions too.

I have had no problems with Firefox on my mac? but on my pc yes!

Weird

Whats this about it using lots of RAM?

Back