• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Fluval F35 shrimp tank

andym127

Seedling
My first crack at something other than throw some plants in with some fish!

Been going for about 2 weeks.

Fluval F35 tank
Fluval Aura LED lighting at 70%-ish
Fluval 206 filtration
Dennerle scalpers soil
Daily TNC complete
No CO2
Photo period 8 hours/day

15 cherry shrimps.

I’m enjoying it! Had some weird white fuzzy growth on most of wood for a few days but all gone now.

D8969AA4-D6BE-4F24-A350-E72AA70FF2E4.jpeg

D1C89F43-AC35-4D0E-932B-1241A9ECE136.jpeg

My first crack at something other than throw some plants in with some fish!

Been going for about 2 weeks.

Fluval F35 tank
Fluval Aura LED lighting at 70%-ish
Fluval 206 filtration
Dennerle scalpers soil
Daily TNC complete
No CO2
Photo period 8 hours/day

15 cherry shrimps.

I’m enjoying it! Had some weird white fuzzy growth on most of wood for a few days but all gone now.

View attachment 114298

View attachment 114297
What are the plants? Your tank is very clean.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They were from memory;

Cryptocoryne Becketii
Cryptocoryne Nevellii
Cryptocoryne Usteriana
Bucephalandra Red
Rotala Green
Anubias Nana
Java Fern Windelov
Taiwan Moss

.........it'll soon crud up LOL

Looking good! :clap: how much filter floss are you using? looks like it hasn't even got water in it.

Thanks, no filter floss, just the standard media that came with the filter. 50% water change twice a week for now. I will back it off to weekly shortly I should think.

31C3647C-E67E-4500-8FBF-1CBACDA8EB16.jpeg
Ok then, the first drama!

I’ve noticed over the last couple of days one species of crypt has started to show some brown leaves. I’m hoping it’s a startup thing as the tank cycled last week.

Any insights most welcome!

View attachment 114399 Ok then, the first drama!

I’ve noticed over the last couple of days one species of crypt has started to show some brown leaves. I’m hoping it’s a startup thing as the tank cycled last week.

Any insights most welcome!

Almost all crypts are extreme melters. They will look like sh*t for the first 1-2 weeks generally. With my crypts only one leaf stayed on the plant but they soon grew back healthy and faster than ever before. Especially when your not running co2. If I were you I would get a co2 booster type fertilizer to help with the process and may help cut down algae if present. Once things are looking brighter you may be able to cut the dose and eventually stop dosing at all. Hope this helps, Skye

Hi
Also the crypts are known to form different colour patterns in different setups so dont stress about it.As long as leaves are healthy U are good no matter what colour
Regards Konsa

I will add some tnc carbon and just see how they go for couple of weeks before I start panicking

I’ve noticed over the last couple of days one species of crypt has started to show some brown leaves. I’m hoping it’s a startup thing as the tank cycled last week

You've got crypt beckettii petchii. It grows a mixture of green and red leaves. It needs enough light for the red, not excessive but enough as in low light all leaves are dark green. That's mine below in a low tech. It will be way healthier in a high tech tank of course.

20180311_184351.jpg

20180311_184958.jpg

You've got crypt beckettii petchii. It grows a mixture of green and red leaves. It needs enough light for the red, not excessive but enough as in low light all leaves are dark green. That's mine below in a low tech. It will be way healthier in a high tech tank of course.

20180311_184351.jpg

20180311_184958.jpg

Showing my ignorance there possibly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back