• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Guy New Aquariums

Bullitt

Seedling
Hi All
I inherited some Aquariums from my Mother after they became too much for her to look after so, they have been set up now for a while & I thought I would join to get some helpful tips & advice.
  • Aquarium 1 is a 120ltr Boi Orb housing, Cardinal Tetras, Black Neon Tetras, Cherry Barbs & Amano Shrimp. I also added some plants as I did not like the fully artificial look we have some Anubias tied to a coconut shell, some Java fern tied to rock & another plant in a glass pot that I can't remember, plus some moss balls. The Java fern looks a little untidy but seems to be doing well as does the Anubias & the plant in the pot seems to be making a recovery after it nearly dies when I moved it.
  • Aquarium 2 Is a 25ltr Nano aquarium housing my Beta he seems happy on his own with just a few snails & some plants snails for company. The plants are just some moss balls, some Java Fern that I have harvested from the Bio Orb & Java moss. I also have just added an Anubias that is tied to some bogwood.
  • Aquarium 3 Is a 75ltr rectangular tank & has been up & running for about 4 months it is only minimally stocked with Wood shrimp, Crystals & Cherry Shrimp plus 2 Corys & some Elephant snails. I was given the plants by a friend & don't really know what they are so if anyone can identify them I would be grateful. I specifically would like to know how to trim the green plant as it has gone mad over the last few weeks! I did have 3 of these but after clipping them they basically melted away & died hence my reluctance to trim the remaining plant but as you can see it looks really untidy now. As soon as the shops open I will be adding some more fish to this Aquarium so I would be interested in any suggegtions for Shrimp friendly fish.
Many Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Aquarium 1.jpg
    Aquarium 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
  • Aquarium 2.jpg
    Aquarium 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • Aquarium 3.jpg
    Aquarium 3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 98
Back