New hardscape for new tank...

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Vito, 22 Jan 2013.

1. Vito

Vito Member

Hey guys, took delivery of some stuff from TGM, and included was a box of Seiryu, I already had another box bought from a member here a few weeks ago and whilst im waiting for the tank to come from NA/FreshWaterShrimp I thought I would attempt to create a hardscape, at first I was a bit baffled but then it came to me and this is what I ended up with.
    dscf3179h.jpg
    dscf3178k.jpg
    I am sure there will be plenty of tweaking and there is some rocks I have had to use to support others for this image, I am planning on a high sloped background which should support the stones further, I think I will twist the main stone slightly clockwise for a more natural look but this is the type of layout i am trying to achieve. Anyway any comments welcomed.
    Thanks for looking.

Vito

2. Alastair

Alastair Member

Looks very nice, what plans do you have plant wise??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Vito

Vito Member

Hi Alastair, I am not picking anything fancy, to be honest I love HC so thats what I have planned for the foreground, then I was going to have E.Tenellus between the rocks and Hemianthus Micanthemoids in the background for a lush bush effect. I would like to add some moss covered stones between the HC and the tenellus but im no sure, I really like fissidens fontanus but its very expensive and I need a fair amount of it. I might try and stick another plant in there but I am not sure what at this stage. Thanks for the positive feedback.