• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Here, Some Light advice needed.

Turbo

Seedling
Hi all, I've been attempting to scape for about 2/3 years on and off, on many FB pages but never got round to signing up to this.

Here's my latest creation, took me a few hours to hardscape and plan! Superfish Scaper 90, oase thermo 250, Co2, Superfish led. Was a proud moment, then I went and planted it, and feel like i ruined it!

I'll add more pics/info to next post.

thank you and hello all

. 64769976967__ECBF3924-1644-43B6-B833-F8DE107C228B.fullsizerender.jpg CA8DD0B3-1BF8-4949-81F5-66E21FE6DB14.JPG IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0407.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0413.jpg

So i had massive ammonia, melted a lot of plants, killed my helferi, the heat doesn't help, then the tank was a mess from all the dead plant material, running another filter to clear the milky dirty water, 50+ % water changes, cleaning everyday, had to redial my Co2 a few times, not sure about the superfish led, fungus on plants, bacterial bloom, dreaded fungus wood, a piece of rock decided to float after was all glued together.

Running 1kg approx. alfragog, fine ppi pre filter, and couple sponges, some activated carbon, skimmer etc. My favourite plants pinnafitida, araguaia, monte carlo, some anubias, buce, crypts and a lot of dead helferi.

IMG_0431.jpg IMG_0470.jpg

Now that's cleared up, I have a pair of kessil A80 tuna suns. brilliant lights. But I don't like the style of them. Do I?! Keep the superfish, use a pair of kessils, sell the kessils and buy twinstar E? Or buy another superfish tank, use 2 leds and 2 kessils, do a contrasting scape side by side?! BTW this isn't new tank syndrome, im moving soon and want a centerpiece!

Thanks

IMG_0464.PNG IMG_0440.jpg IMG_0443.jpg 1F7AADFA-53C7-4575-817A-E031C2E6B0F6.JPG

What is it about the kessils you don't like? For me, the kessil's add a nice depth and the shadows and ripples they create look great, the superfish is rather flat in comparison

What is it about the kessils you don't like? For me, the kessil's add a nice depth and the shadows and ripples they create look great, the superfish is rather flat in comparison

It’s the actual look/style of the light units. I know they’re good at growing, and ditto your comment. But I don’t think they fit with the tank and glassware!

Back