• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

New home for my second Scape!

MattT34

Hi all,

While my second Scape is still cycling I decided to build it a new home, along with the girlfriend's ever exponentially growing book collection.
I think the tank looks great front and center!

Not sure if this is the right section, apologies if not.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG-20200803-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200803-WA0002.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20200801_165218.jpg
    IMG_20200801_165218.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 149

Wolf6

Nice work :) What did you use on the wood to make it look like that? (Not the wood in the tank obviously ;))

MattT34

Nice work :) What did you use on the wood to make it look like that? (Not the wood in the tank obviously ;))
Thanks!
Wood is new scaffolding boards, normally use reclaimed but new was cheaper this time, sanded all the rough bits and rounded the corners a bit, then attacked it with a blow torch! A quick coat of boiled linseed oil to finish it. I still have cabinet doors to make for the lower section which I have some reclaimed pallet wood and finish in a similar way.

rebel

Looks fabulous. Just make sure nothing falls on it. I had a tank like this (edge 23) and eventually I dropped something and the glass cracked.

MattT34

Looks fabulous. Just make sure nothing falls on it. I had a tank like this (edge 23) and eventually I dropped something and the glass cracked.
I also had a 23 years ago and broke that, that time I was re doing the tank from scratch and knocked it while carrying it through a door 😩