• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Home = New Tank

What to go for?

• 60p Iwagumi

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 60p Triangle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90p Iwagumi

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 90p Triangle

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

BobThePlayer

Seedling
Hello Guys,
In few weeks I will be moving to new house of my own soo I try to explain current situation and what I'm planning to do:

Current State:
I started with aquascaping this year in january with this setup: Blau Cubic 40x25x28 28L, Oase FiltoSmart 100(1chaber sponges, 2nd 3rd chamber Seachem Matrix, Purigen on top with light layer of wool), Chinees Led Light of 8W, ADA Amazonia light, Some Dragon Sones. Later added Tropica CO2 from cans. Aquascape is running ok but I get some Black/brown algae in parts of tanks where I didn't put enough soil (2cm) and plants did not survive there... But I take it as an experiment to learn so I been moving plant regrowing stems and so on.... I will post picture later after I do maintenance today.
Basically this was try and learn project.

Future State(I will post all progress to this thread):
Next Month I will be moving to new House and here comes decision making:
I will do High energy setup but can't decide what size of tank to go for. I'm thinking about 60p or 90p but the problem is I can go 60p asap or wait a bit and go for 90p. If I go 60p I want to do Iwagumi and in 90p triangle with carpet in front.
Will go for Oase external filter, Tropica Substrate and plants, CO2 for sure, but don't know if in line of diffuser, Glass inlet and outlet. Aquarium will be probably custom made depend on the price if guy ask to much I will go for Liquid Garden 60p/90p as it is close to me.
Also RO water as it will be from well.(Water change system will be Barrel with RO and pump from technical room of house) Going to convert my old Blau 28L to shrimp tank.

I will be glad for all opinions to this decisions also examples of what to use or go for.

Soo foto of current tank, background right destroyed by fishes needed to replant plants still groving behind rock, I get that Pinatigida a week ago groving pretty nice.
6DC04CA2-7076-4526-A5C7-532A29C06671.jpeg

Bigger tank will be more stable.

Bigger tank will be more stable.
Yeah I hope for that, Also there should be nice carpet in front but I have only like 1.5-2cm of substrate... Wanted to build background slop and I covered it with rok but everybody should learn on mistakes. :D

Update: moving to new place next month. 90p will be the choice!
Actual aquarium update: get 1 nerrite that snail eate all black hair algae of rocks!!! I think having shrim help these because they eat green so snail lef with black only :D
Also some old Monte Carlo that was eaten by black algae or torn away by fish, suddenly emersed from supstrate so very nice suprice. Also Pinitifida going crazy!

Ok moving soon plan is: Build Cabinet for 60p for current aquarium/ maybe change it for 60p to stocks fish an then start preparations for 90p

Back