• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Inline Diffusers

Carbondioxide

Sponsor
UKAPS Team
We have just launched a new inline diffuser - check them out on our website.

Features:
– replaceable ceramic membrane
– durable and crack resistant metal body
– nano co2 mist technology membrane
– 12/16mm & 16/22mm connection sizes
Using our inline diffuser allows for less equipment to be placed into the aquarium which, for small nano setups this is a great advantage.

Available now from £28.08 RRP
CV-V1-13.jpg

Have got one of these in my hands right now, going to fit at the weekend and see how it works compared to my in tank diffuser. Will reply here with my findings :)

I tried it out today and overall it is very good! Set up was easy, tight fit around the filter hose and co2 line was also nicely clamped in. Was really cool seeing the pressure build up through the clear part and the bubbles were fine. The build quality is super robust and I have no doubts it would last a long time.

The one issue I have with it really is where the two main parts screw together, even when it was quite tight I did notice it could get dislodged. I don't think this is a fault of the product, it is more likely due to the very stiff filter/air lines I have and limited space so it's easy to knock stuff as I am fiddling about. Perhaps in a next version there could be some kind of locking mechanism to make sure 100%. It's probably perfectly ok, but personally I think I will stick to an in tank diffuser as I am a newbie to co2 (had more than my fair share of tanks being dumped on the floor lol). Is it possible to swap this for the bazooka diffuser? I ordered from the website (by the way the shipping was insanely fast!)

Hi Fishbro!

Thank you for purchasing our new inline diffuser. Your feedback is always welcomed. You could use a jubilee clip to securely fasten the hose if it is too stiff.

Please contact our support team direct to discuss returns. This can be done by visiting our website and raising ansupport ticket. We will respond to this as soon as possible.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks mate, I will contact soon. I think if I was going to go for any inline diffuser it would be this one as the build quality is super good. Have seen people complain about plastic diffusers cracking when tightening, but there are no concerns about that on this one.

Regarding the hoses, the actual host connection to the diffuser is great as it has the screw clamps, super solid. What was causing an issue for me was where the two main sections (clear and metal) of the diffuser join together, as I have limited space etc I found I was knocking the diffuser quite a bit while trying to organise everything in the cabinet and gradually those two parts came apart enough to just have a tiny trickle of water. Perhaps I was just not screwing them together tightly enough :)

Like the look of this but would like to see a video of the 'nano mist'.
I currently have a JBL Proflora and I've been quite happy with the mist so far. I'd much rather change out for something less likely to crack but don't want to pay for it until I've seen the bubble size.

Back