• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New inline reactor

I stand corrected, It looked to be more streamlined and cause less resistance and flow loss than the boyo one.

I had and broke a boyu as i have larger hosing the CO2 inlet was broken off when the pipes were moved due to being too close. This seems to have resolved this by the angle and they do it offically in 2 sizes.

My only issues is its not quite. you hear the diffusing on a boyu.

At no point could it not handle the CO2 for a 500l tank. Cheap option IMHO

This thread comes just on purpose. I was just a about to order one of them for my starting nano and even thought to order one on my 60gal to replace the AM1000.

I found an Australian forum where this new device by UP is discussed. Buyers say that at 3bps it will result in a hazy aspect filled with CO2 microbubbles. All feedback talk about a dropchecker moving from lime-green to yellow with this device and that they had to crank down the CO2 compared to an inline reactor or even a glass diffuser. The device can be cleaned with bleach and can't be unassembled. This leads to support the use of a ceramic device maybe between water and CO2.

So, based on your expierience, do you think it can give good CO2 control? UP also builds inline reactors suited for nano that are very cheap. SO I'm really hesitating. Could buy both and give them a try...

If my memory serves me right and it did the old type diffuser was fitted on the incoming side of the filter according to the diagram - see attached short cut viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6139&start=0 -

the new diffuser is fitted on the outgoing side of the filter unit as per the diagram, so it should stay cleaner

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
If my memory serves me right and it did the old type diffuser was fitted on the incoming side of the filter according to the diagram - see attached short cut viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6139&start=0 -

the new diffuser is fitted on the outgoing side of the filter unit as per the diagram, so it should stay cleaner

Regards
Paul.
Myself and others use them with great results inline on the output. The diagram is just an example.

hi

is there any further feedback on this reactor
(the one in the the OP)

are people using them? happy?

thanks

I've been reading reviews of it online and the general concencus seems to be it's superior to the other plastic one who's make I can't remember. Some people are claiming it's equal or better than the cal aqua one but I'd be cuatious of such claims. At least it'd be more durable than the glass Cal aqua ones.

Back