• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New journey island

@Mark Keetch the boys at aquarium gardens are second to none mate all of them are so good at what they do all i will say if your going to use there sandpit take a lot of pics cause it is so hard to replicate when you get home but they will make sure you have a great day

Cheers
J

@Mark Keetch the boys at aquarium gardens are second to none mate all of them are so good at what they do all i will say if your going to use there sandpit take a lot of pics cause it is so hard to replicate when you get home but they will make sure you have a great day

Cheers
J

Haha, specially with a memory like mine. Thanks for the tip bud, I'll make sure to take loads of pics from loads of angles :D

Ok, little bit of an update. I will need to change the title of this thread :p As I am planning on selling the discus. Once they are all gone I will probably go with keeping rainbow fish as the main attraction of the tank. Either that or just go for quite a few different species of fish which I think would be quite cool with all their different characters and behaviours :D:D

So starting to get lists together. This is what I'll be buying to change my filter set up. Getting rid of the standard ribbed hosing and inlet/outlet pipes and adding an inline diffuser into it. Discus will hopefully all be sold by next week or week after so can start buying stuff then and taking a trip to Aquarium Gardens to get some goodies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191215-014007_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191215-014007_Facebook.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
So this week is the countdown to setting up the tank. Visit to AG on Friday and then spend the weekend setting up the hardscape and planting the carpet.

So these are all my new bits I've bought over the last few weeks. Just need to drill holes into the stainless pipe. I still have white and RGB LED strips to arrive which will then complete my back lighting set up.

20191231_052815.jpg

Now I'm stuck in 2 minds. Do I dry start or do I set the hardscape up, fill up and then plant the carpet while the tank is full? I'm watching George Farmer's Aquascape 1200 playlist and he has made me wanna fill the tank up first and then plant the carpet whereas before I was going to dry start.

Are there any major benefits to dry starting?

Back