• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Jungle Nano...

You don't need to feed snails as these guys don't have a beak to keep down. I feed frozen bloodworm with snails as an occassional treat. I don't know about the numbers though, I got two which turned out to be a male and female. The courtship is pretty violent so recently I bought another two from kesgrave tropicals asking for 2 females. Of course they sent 2 males which my male set about trying to kill and the female wasn't much better. So got lucky and found a brilliant home for them but I don't know how larger mixed group would work. If you could sex them and get one male to 4 female or just 5 females. The males can be identified often by their irridescent eye wrinkles even when they are small but I guess it depends on how wee these guys are. There is a dwarf puffer web site and forum with pictures and info. They recon one puffer per 30cm sq but there is a guy in japan breeding them in tanks the size mine are in and my pair act the same as they did in the bigger tank ie beg for food all the time and feed from hand. The male is just as randy as ever...
I know what you mean about youtube though but I think these people can keep large numbers in barren tanks because the fish never establish a territory(maybe?) and you don't know how long they live/health etc..Be interesting to see how the seller keeps hers. I thought about trying to find eggs and raise them etc but the last thing I need is more puffers! I relied on my amanos and strong filter to take care of eggs...

Yeah.. definitely sounds interesting.. I think its a project to bare in mind. As for now I only have nano cubes so would need to re size and rescape.. my nano on the journal is 25 later so bit small.. bit great reply mate. Blood worms would make it more realistic definitely. I'll be sure to check it out this week and get back to u. I would love a couple of females in my nano if able to..

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ldcgroomer said:
My pair are in a 16 litre and none the worse...
i'd agree from my experience mate i have kept 5 in a heavily planted 45ltr 40cmx40cm footprint they squabble but nothing to serious think i have 2 males 3 females my tank is overfiltered and i change 40% water twice a week they are messy very cool little fish and well worth the effort :thumbup:

You boys are pushing me on lol :) I'll keep you posted.. I wrote my girlfriend's car off the other day so have to fork out for another motor this week so thinks have stalled...

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You all have so much darn creativity and knowledge...
Man I wish I had an ounce of that.

And LOOK OUT FOR THE KILLER FISH CAT!!!!! LOL

Looks really nice, such a huge difference from the 1st pics.
What crypt is that front left?

Nevilli and lucens I think.

I have two types mixed, have about 3-4 crypts, I really do like crypts, very easy to look after in my tank. I must say it is the first tank I have had with no problems, to start with there were issues with my water levels due to the Irish pet moss but as of now, nothing, no algae no poor quality plants no gasping fish. Very very happy with its ecolological being. No filter or heater now for about a month. Ignore the photos, the filter was in there as I was planting and made a mess :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hello everyone,

I thought I would just drop in and say hi to all that have contributed to my threads. I'm sad to see all my pics are gone so I apologies if now these threads are not much use for people to see! I cannot seem to find any pics that I can even update these with so that is a shame, i think I had removed my flickr account without thinking in advance..

I have had a fair few months out of the planted tank world as you may know, but can finally say I am looking to set up my next tank soon! which I am very excited to say!

Thanks guys, look forward to speaking soon :)

Hi mate nice to see you still at it was wondering how long it would be before you started a new project

Back