• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New LED Lighting by Aquatlantis!

Aquarium Gardens

Sponsor
UKAPS Team
Hello UKAPS,

A quick post to let you know about the new LED lighting that we are now stocking by Aqautlantis.

http://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/led-aquarium-lighting-54-c.asp

These lights can be installed in a number ways by:
  • Sitting the light on the sides of your aquarium using the brackets supplied
  • Directly replacing your old T8 or T5 bulbs (jewel style T5 or equivalent) by mounting them in your old aquarium T5 or T8 sockets (see video below for detail).
  • Or by hanging the unit above your aquarium (unfortunately no hanging kits supplied as of yet). The units aren't heavy at all so are easy to hang using other hanging kits that are available.
The colour temp is 6800k and I must say from using them myself the colour rendition is fantastic, plant colours look great.

In terms of intensity, the lights are equivalent to similar sized twin T5 bulbs, so CO2 recommended when using these lights.

I have included the video below for a closer look:

Cheers,
Dave

can the beamswork fixture (V4) be used with a standard cheapo inline dimmer?

Apologies, yes I do have a reply and unfortunately our supplier has not tested any inline dimmers with these lights. Sorry I cannot be of any more help on this one!

If anyone has any experience with this then please let me know. I will continue to look into this.

Regards
Dave

I have the beamswork evo 6500k really nice lights but you cant put a dimmer on them, have tried a couple but doesn't work.
Jim

Back