• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New lens pics

John Starkey

Hi all, i took delivery of my new 100-400 mm L today so i went down to the river severn in worcester for an hour just to play,these are the best two pics i got,
20100107-IMG_4296.jpg

20100107-IMG_4294.jpg

hope you like them,
regards john.

Nice pics mate, well done. Do you have the exif info? Would be good to know, also what body are you using? I just bought a new lens also for my canon 450d, it was the 50mm prime 1.4, have fun!!!

Yeah i did that, but it looks like it has been witheld. Thanks Saintly.

tko187 said:
Nice pics mate, well done. Do you have the exif info? Would be good to know, also what body are you using? I just bought a new lens also for my canon 450d, it was the 50mm prime 1.4, have fun!!!
Hi tko,i was useing my 450d,I'll look up the exif and post tomorrow for you,
regards john.

tko187 said:

Here you go,
pic num 1,exif iso 640,400mm=wide open,f/8.0 1/400 sec,
pic num 2,exif iso 200,400mm=wide open,f/8.0 1/400 sec,
regards john.

Those are top quality shots John :thumbup:

Cheers,
James

Awesome mate! I wondered what that automatic text message sent to my landline telephone was about!! :lol: Now I understand - your new lens!!

We have a regular Robin in our garden and it's almost worth investing in a nice long lens just to get some decent shots of it in the snow!

Shots look brilliant mate. I'd be chuffed to bits with those. :D

George Farmer said:
Awesome mate! I wondered what that automatic text message sent to my landline telephone was about!! :lol: Now I understand - your new lens!!

We have a regular Robin in our garden and it's almost worth investing in a nice long lens just to get some decent shots of it in the snow!

Shots look brilliant mate. I'd be chuffed to bits with those. :D

Thanks George,i was like a kid in sweet shop when the postie turned up yesterday,the same robin in the first shot was popping in and out of a bin,it was hovering just before it entered but i just could not catch it in mid flight,but i am pleased with no 1,i am amazed how much better L glass is,
regards john.

stuworrall said:
very nice john, love the first one and im very jealous of that new L glass :D

Thank you stu,i must say i am well impressed with your pics on flickr,must be great to live so near such lovely landscapes,
regards john.

Thanks to you all for the nice comments,also i must say sorry to everyone for not being here so much lately,its the photography i am hooked at the moment,but i will be back soon,
regards john.

Back