• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New lighting for my cube

Spanerman

Hi, i have a 40cm cube which is 13im gallons and im currently running a 11w light, i feel this isnt enough and i am looking to upgrade, i have been browsing and i have found http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=7357&retp=794&rets=188 i know its abit more power which is good, but it also gives me the option to double up for even more light :D b :D ut my main worry is the evaporation, as the tank will have no lid, how much water will be lost through evaporation? would it be enough to worry about.

Also will the amount of light give me enough to grow most plants like hair grass and riccia succesfully?

Spanerman said:
Hi, i have a 40cm cube which is 13im gallons and im currently running a 11w light, i feel this isnt enough and i am looking to upgrade, i have been browsing and i have found http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=7357&retp=794&rets=188 i know its abit more power which is good, but it also gives me the option to double up for even more light :D b :D ut my main worry is the evaporation, as the tank will have no lid, how much water will be lost through evaporation? would it be enough to worry about.

Also will the amount of light give me enough to grow most plants like hair grass and riccia succesfully?

LED lights produce much less heat than normal fluorescent lamps can, so if you use it conjunction with your existing 11 watt lamp you might find your not producing much more heat overall. I have an LED light bulb in my room & even if it's been on for hours it's bearly warm to touch. You may find that both lights combined is to much light for your tank.

Ive used the Haiyang. Its a great buy for a nano. You dont have to clip it to the edge of the tank, you can even place the tube part on top of the tank, resting on the edges for a luminaire type effect

Back