• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Luminaire

Ashton

I have a Classica Aquacurve 50 litre tank which is 2ft x 1 ft x 1 ft. I'd like to replace the lid with it's 14 watt light with a Luminaire and I can't make my mind up between the Classica OTL-T8 which has 2 x 15 watt T8 lamps or the Aqua One Triple T5 which has 3 x 24 watt lamps (2 white & 1 blue)

There's only about £20 different in the price, but do I need the T5's or would the T8's be sufficient for me? I'm only a basic plant grower, using Easy Carb but would like to try one or two different plants in my tank.

Has anyone any experience with either Luminaire, I'm tempted to stick with the name Arcadia but some friends say the Aqua One is just as good and I should go for the brighter lights. I could do with some advice on this please :lol:

If you are inexperienced and are not using a pressurized CO2 injection method, I would suggest you avoid the T5 unit. The plants don't care that much which light you use but they do care how much CO2 you are giving them with that light. You'll have more than enough light with the T8 unit, but the choice of plants will be limited by the fact that you are not using high levels of CO2.

Cheers,

Back