• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Member tank

andyh

Hi guys this is a little tank i have been getting to grips with over the last few months. its only 35l so it small one but it does give me a fair amount of satisfaction. I welcome comments and feedback. I am looking for a decent plant to create a carpet across the gravel. Any recommendations?

40l with CO2, twin tube and daily ferts.

web.jpg

Thanks Thomas, I just needed to prove to myself i could grown plants successfully. I am going to move to the more arty setups shortly. Just wanted to try and get my head round all the high tech stuff.

A good start - well done.

Some of the plants will soon outgrow your tank i.e. the Amazon sword, but it's a fun learning curve figuring these things out.

It looks like you already have some Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC) in there - the smallest leaved plant in the center and left foreground.

Try splitting up the plant into lots of smaller portions and planting these across the substrate to create the carpet you desire. Tweezers are your best friend!

Some of the plants will soon outgrow your tank i.e. the Amazon sword, but it's a fun learning curve figuring these things out.

It looks like you already have some Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC) in there - the smallest leaved plant in the center and left foreground.

Try splitting up the plant into lots of smaller portions and planting these across the substrate to create the carpet you desire. Tweezers are your best friend!

George Farmer said:

What a great idea! So simple, i will try that and let you know how i get on.

Yes i have realized that some of my plants are going to be a little large! Some of them are taking over, the photo was taken on the 22nd dec, this is the tank as of yesterday and as you can see things are growing well.

web.jpg

I struggle with planting itself, do use the tweezers and simple push the plant into the gravel? I always ending up pulling the plant back out of the gravel especially the small ones when i remove the tweezers! Is there a trick i am missing?

Thanks for all the comments!! Its good to hear i am doing things ok

Took your advice George and broke up the Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC) into a number of small portions, also went to GreenMachine for the first time and OH MY GOD!! its wicked. Its a real find the shop is the only fish shop i have ever been to aimed purely at Aquascaping and some of their tanks are out of this world.

Need less to say i made a couple of small purchases. I would recommend everyone to visit.

Tank as of yesterday:
web.jpg

Thanks

Andy

It is such a lovely tank.....looks alot bigger than it is.

Keep up the good work

Steph

Back