• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HawaiiJambo

Hi everyone, new to the forum but not new to aquariums. I have a 50 UK gal, 1000 ltr tank needing aquascaping so you will be hearing from me regularly... It was planted, not aquascaped, a long time ago and is been languishing in my garage while I was overseas. I'm in the process of cleaning it and updating my equipment.
I've started reading George Farmer's book and some of the threads here which has got me enthusiastic!
I have one question which would help me on my way. I have undersoil heating but don't see this mentioned anywhere, is this no longer considered good practice?
Many thanks
HJ

I have undersoil heating but don't see this mentioned anywhere, is this no longer considered good practice?
I dont think it will cause harm, after all the earth is not cold in nature but keeps a modest temperature a little bit down. If anything I might suspect a slight benefit.
I dont know why it fell out of fashion so I wont speculate on that. I have considered getting some for next time I set up a tank actually.

Back