• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Nano lighting questions...

GreenGrow

Hi there! :wave:

I've come to delve into the wealth of knowledge on this forum, once again, to see if there are cheap lighting solutions for my new nano tank!

It is a 40x20x20cm 17l tank, and I am wanting it to be a pure HC tank.

This is one of my options at the moment http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/a...small-aquarium-sump-refugum-lighting-24w.html

Will this be sufficient light to grow HC and everything else? I ask this because I read somewhere before that it is important to have a higher wattage per bulb in the tank alongside the total wattage. So 3x8w bulbs are less efficient than 1x24w bulb. If this is the case what are the alternatives?

Unfortunately money is exceptionally tight at the moment being a student and all so I am looking for a fairly cheap solution. :thumbdown:

Any advice would be really appreciated :thumbup:

:wave:

Yes pure HC tank should be ok. 24W is a lot light for 20cm tall tank only. Esure EI dosing and good co2 then.

I have the 3x8w setup. I'm running 2x8w right now for 6 hours although not growing HC I feel its a good light. Waiting for 4x6500k bulbs to arrive to up it to the full 24w. My tank is bigger tho at 40x25x25. Also on eBay this light is £23 with 2x6500k bulbs and 1 blue. I say get it :)

I am using this a Blau mini PL light 18W on a 12 L tank and HC grows fine. It even grew fine before with a 11W lamp.

The trick with HC is CO2... lots of...

GM

Back