• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Planted Tank - Order of Events

John44

New Planted Tank - Order of Events
So I nearly have all the kit for my Juwel Trigon 190 Aquarium
190 Litres which will have external filtration (Eheim 2178 Professional 3e 600T Thermofilter) and CO2. Substrate of TMC AquaGro Nutrasoil Brown

So after browsing the forum I just want to check that Im on the right lines for the order of events

So assume the the tank \ kit is setup

do the scaping with the substrate, rock \ wood etc

Fill tank to a couple of inches above the substrate.

Plant

Fill tank compleley

Daily photo period of say six hours (can be increased in the future once everthing is stable)
Daily CO2 for six hours but starting 1 hour before photo period starts and completing an hour before photoperiod ends

50% water change weekly for the first 3 weeks

Liquid fertilizer added daily

Post 3 weeks look at adding fish when the regieme for water changes and fertilizer will change

Am I on the right lines ?

Regards
John Berman

Fill tank to a couple of inches above the substrate.

Plant
I like to plant with just damp substrate as it "holds" the stem etc more firmly, have a spray bottle at hand to mist plants as you go, then cover with paper towel (dust fines will stick to the paper) for the flooding
:)

Note that Microsorum sp don't like to dry - they look "tough" but aren't when it comes to drying.

Tank set up video
Stu's 90x45x45cm - Wave Island - IAPLC 2013 rank 82

Hi John, All sounds good :) The water changes I would do a 50% every day for the first week then every other day the second week 3rd week a couple of changes then 50% per week from then on ;)

This. Will do wonders for your plants and help battle algae from the get go

Back