• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NEW PLANTS

Hi guys wondered if someone could help me please,i planted the foreground of my tank on Wednesday with dwarf pygmy swords and they all seem to be dying off,im using co2 and dosing 5ml daily of tpn+ any help greatly recieved,could the corydoras be eating them?
P1000482.jpg

P1000480.jpg

P1000479.jpg

Hi,
im using tetra complete substate covered with aqua one silica black gravel,my lights are 2x54w t5 lights on for 9 hours aday from 1pm till 10pm, my setup consists of juwel rio 240 running with juwel internal and tetratec ex1200 external,ferts at present are tpn+ at 5ml per day and jbl ferropol 24 at 8 drops per day.

Looks like you need to add more CO2. Do you have a dropchecker filled with 4dkh water to give you a clue of the CO2 levels? if not read this=> CO2 Measurement Using A Drop Checker

You're also going to need a lot more TPN+ for that size tank but you can save money by ditching the ferropol as the TPN+ has the same ingredients as the ferropol.

Cheers,

thewelshwonder said:
how much tpn+ do you recomend?
This is the problem with commercial products as one really has to figure it out. The amount of product that you need to add depends not only on the amount of light energy but also the amount of flow in the tank. It's also dependent on the stocking level and the feeding schedule. All these factor determines the nutrient levels being input, distributed and required by the plants. Last but not least is the area that you live in. Some areas, such as farming communities have nutrient runoff that finds it's way into the tap water supply so that the tap water in nutrient rich. If this is the case then less TPN+ is required. Other areas have nutrient poor tap water so that more TPN+ is required.

Yellowing of leaves is an indication of poor nitrogen levels or sometimes, poor iron levels. I would immediately double the TPN+ dosage that you are using now. After three weeks observe growth and see if there is discoloration or algae. If so then double the dosage again and take another reading after three more weeks. If no algae, discoloration or distortion occurs then this is fine. An option you should be aware of is to dose the dry powders in lieu of commercial products.

An introduction to the use of raw nutrient materials is found here=> EI DOSING USING DRY SALTS

Cheers,

Back